Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, September 25, 2006

Social Studies In The Works
5:36pm


I attended my childhood friend's daughter baptism.

I learned about it Saturday. I was buying our drinking water from their refill station when his aunt told me to tell my mom to attend the ocassion. By the time I was about to leave the area, my friend dropped by. He personally asked me to go with my mom. I told him that my might will be going to my lola's house on Sunday. And that made me go there alone.

I prepared early since I will be joining my friend's relatives. I know them personally since we basically grew in our place plus our moms and dads are friends with each other. We are neighbors, too. I was all done by 10:30am. They texted my sister to tell me that we are already leaving at around 12:30pm. I didn't compain though because I had more time watching tv.

At first, I didn't really want to go. Aside from the fact that I will definitely shy away for the rest of my existence in the event, I might just look snob as I keep me away from people.

I knew that I will see my other childhood friends and high school classmates which I both both hated and liked. I know somewhere down the line, the one in his flashiest outfit will not just shine but will also be the sweetest talker. I am used to this some kind of ego from some of my childhood friends. Unfortunately, I was the usual victim before.

So, there. Upon arrival, I find a nice spot to sit down. I felt myself comfy sitting near the entrance. I was actually with my friend's kid cousins. Children around me goofing around but I didn't mind. At least, no boredom for me to kick of my arrival.

As the rest of the guests and his family members came, I spotted my other friends. Now, I am more used to handling their egos. I joined them. And later on, transferred from one table to another until we found the perfect place for us to dine. We were the last to get our meal. Among all the food served, I liked fettucine. I think we were 7 people in one small table. But that was fine. We shared some laughter and stories plus a lot of catching up especially with me. I don't remember the last time they saw me. Likewise, on my part. They've always managed to go malling or go to their apartment or go home together. They've been also communicating through sms.

I also greeted my mom's friends. I was happy that my friend's mom didn't recogised me when I talked to her. That means I've improved. She told me that she hasn't seen my for quite awhile. FYI, I've been friends with his son for the longest time. I celebrate my birthday a day before his. And we've been servicemates and schoolmates back in elementary, high school and college. Of course, scrap the service part in high school and college since we knew how to commute then. calculating, that might root back in the year 1985.

Now, my friend has 2 kids already. His first born is 3 years old, I think. His youngest, the one who was just baptized, is 4 months old. He got married right after graduating from college. Why not? He's rich. By the way, aside from his job, he has his water refilling station business. His own house looks good. And we are on the same age. If only I was lucky as him, you know.

Anyway, I was surrounded by at least three celebrities yesterday. Yes, my friend has 2 celebrity cousins. The other that was with them was the other's beau. No, they didn't ask anything from me nor they talk to me. Perhaps, they don't remember. I was one table away from them. But I managed not to look at them ever so often even though they've been the apple of the eye of most of the people in the reception. I'm used to them. Like my friend, I've known them way before. But it's cool to see them after they transferred school back in the 90s and after being popular in local tv.

A high school classmate, who's with his girlfriend, was also there. Same thing as others noticed about me, I was thin. But the exchange of 'what's up' was okay.

If I was surrounded with college friends, say acquaintance party or something, I will definitely more at ease. I can sit on one corner and enjoy the crowd. I may even roam around to check if I know anybody. I still need to learn to be exposed to alot of people.

I was even practicing at home in case someone whom I haven't seen for a long while approach me and ask me all different things that I do not normally answer. You know, I should not just shut up if they're trying to make a conversation. I know that they just want to update themselves with regards to me.

That's just I want to say. I am learning to appreciate myself more.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:21 PM