Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thank You! (Maiba naman. Puro na lang dates ang nauuna sa posts ko.)

04.11.06 Tues
3:12pm
Music: Girl Like You - Edwin Collins (This has nothing to do with post. I was just humming this while waiting for my ride this morning.)


Thank You!

For keeping me sane, loving, healthy, fighting, strong, observant...

for the loud music I play when I am troubled that unburdens me, for the piercing heat of the summer sun that reminds me how I am not friends with rain, for cheap lunch I take everyday at work that gives me extra change for my next cd purchase, for my feet that walks from the train station to the office and back which allows me to wander and appreciate nature sun up and sun down, for my work which lets me communicate and helps me put money in my pocket, government and my brothers' school,for my stomach that never complains while I take in full cream milk, for the people I usually see when I'm on my way to work - for they push me more to work hard and never give up.

I had another realization last night to be thankful all my life.

We had a visitor. Actually, my sister's. She came from a province far from where we live. For months, she been seeking help to my sister to help her get a job anywhere.

From what I know, she grew up taking good care of nuns in a convent. I think one of the nuns she looked after died already due to old age. She went back home after. She has 3 siblings and she's the eldest. Their youngest is 12.

I kinda eavesdropped her talk with my mom since they're with me in the living room watching tv. My mom would be accompanying her to one of our relatives. My aunt is looking for someone who would look over an elderly. Not really a helper but a company in the elderly's house.

From her exact words to my mom, "Ngayon pa lang po, salamat na..." (That's like thank you in advance.)

Imagine her leaving her family whom she's looking for a job away from their home. She's the eldest. I assume that she stands as the head of the family already since both of her parents are already gone.

It's somewhat movie-like but I have these images of someone saving, perhaps in a "Via Air Mail" envelope or small wallet, from his/her monthly pay and then excitedly sending the savings to the province. Another would be doing his/her best at his/her job. while doing the job, the person is smiling, keeping in mind that he/she is doing it for a loved one. Do you get my point?

I know I need not hear something like this again to realize how hard it is to live... how hard life is.

You know when someone's very hopeful and excited to start up something that he/she thinks would make a difference in his/her life? That's what I saw in her face last night. She was like ready even if you would tell her that she would start her work on that very minute.

From all the hardships and failures, doubts and helplessness, hurt and despair, I think appreciation is the key.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:09 PM