Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, April 03, 2006

04.03.06 Mon
10:02am
LSs: Oo - Up Dhrama Down (for the nth time)


Halt


It is graduation season once again. And the most exciting about it, I guess, would be the anticipation of/prepation for this day.

I could barely remember my college graduation date. All I know was the date we marched was also the exact date of a teen actor's internment.

Anyway, prior to graduation day my friends and I enjoyed our very solemn Baccalaureate Mass. Imagine the UST campus trooped by the graduationg batch parading with balloons, banners and what have you's. After we're reached our designated seats, we did another round of picture taking. We were also observing our fellow graduates. We were holding a long-stemmed white rose from our friend, Ac and a UST pin.

The mass started past 5pm, I think. I was just reunited with two of my buds in college, John and Ronald. For a few days, I moved out of our barkada (group). We had misunderstandings and of course, I would admit that a part of it would be my thought of graduation - leaving. I was so used to meeting my all my barkadas before and after class. I must say I wasn't ready to graduate and end my college years.

The atmosphere was relatively sad that night. We lit candles from the torch brought by our respective college deans. There was symbolism there somewhere. After it, the we exchanged our pins. I gave my UST pin to my friend, Joms, while his to me. After that "pinning" ceremony, I went out of my way to shake the hands of my friends and classmates. I was a bit embarassing since I was one of the very few who were crying. So, think of me covering my face with my left hand while I use my right hand shaking everyone's hand and saying, "Congrats." Imagine the graduates celebrating in the field with a spectacular fireworks display to end the night and the breath-taking, well-lit UST main bldg in the background.

sadly, I still do not have a photo of me with the main bldg as my background. If you happened to pass by UST before, you know what I mean during night time and that main bldg would have its glow.

I am reposting for another time these pictures during our Phycology class (We were looking for some algae around the campus and my teacher happened to be a multi-talented - violinist, poet, writer, author, researcher, etc - person photography included.), start of ur Baccalaureate Mass 2002 and after the graduation rites.



4A-Bot









After my professor called my name on stage and had my tassel done by the dean, I gave my professor a pat on his back while he was still reading on the names of my classmates. I also didn't have my picture taken by the photographer since they charge too much. And was I glad that I didn't since my classmates looked so tired in their pictures. Some didn't even have the best angle. What a waste of money.

Now, some of my classmates are graduating from medical schools. Honeslty, I was envious of them. Having a title may assure one a brighter future. But I am happy for them because that is what they wanted. I am also happy for myself because that is not what I wanted for myself.

******************

MRT already began its segragation scheme last Saturday. Since it's just the start of my week, I only experienced it just this morning. Of course, I followed the instructions. I usually ride the first coach/car of the train. But now it is intended for the ladies, elderly, disabled and those who have their kinds with them. The last two are for men. The MRT announcer kept on reminding the passengers about their new policy. I was waiting for my ride and that would be on the second coach/car. A few women were also waiting there in that same area that I was in. I wasn't sure if they were not paying attention but it seemed that theuy didn't want to move their butt from the area. In fact, they went in that coach intended for guys. Yet some women would complain that they don't want to have gusy around in public transpos. Hard headed.

******************

My lastest purchase in our neighborhood supermarket: ice shaver.

Since our blender works not so well, I decided to buy something manually operated. Along with it, I bought a can of sweet style corn kernels and evap milk. It took me a month to decide if I should get that one.

I am looking forward to using it next week. And no. You would not be seeing me selling halo-halo at the corner of our street :p

******************

An email forwareded by my former teammate, Mitch:

FW: Amazing Equation

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:

What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder
about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been
in situations where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about
achieving 101%? What equals 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these

Questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

AND, look how far the love of God will take you

L- O- V- E-O-F-G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:
While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you
there, it's the Love of God that will put you over the top!


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:25 PM