Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Sunday, April 16, 2006

Egg Yolk Floats On Its White


04.16.06 Easter Sunday
3:10pm
Music: All Falls Down - Kanye West


Ok. I'll start this post with a text message coming from a friend back in college.

"Believe in God's constant
love for you

and hold on to
the truth

that the best years of your life
are still
ahead of you

and not behind you,
enjoy life! Happy
Easter!"

Chiela sent this message to me twice. The first was at 9:22am. The same message was sent a few minutes after.

It always happens to me that after putting my phone back to my drawer when I thought that someone just texted me only to find out that I have no new messages, my phone would beep a sound for a new one in my inbox.

This message happened to be sent after I turned off my cd player as I was preparing to leave for work.

By the way, I am filling in a teammate's schedule. Actually, my schedule would last a week. I would be here from 2pm til 11pm. A whole week swap since this schedule would allow me to attend my scheduled training this coming week.

It was difficult to get a ride today. I spent almost an hour waiting for either an fx taxi or bus going to Cubao. But all those that passed me by are loaded and they could not even fit a single, skinny passenger like me. Add in the scorching heat of the sun and my crumbling stomach.

By the time a bus stopped to pick me up, I was all tired. Yet, I had to stand up and cling somewhere for support.

Most of the passengers were in groups, specifically families. They know now the strategy. After a holiday, it would best to be the first to head back to Manila since buses would be jampacked more often than not. Big baggages were everywhere as well a kids. I know it would be straining for kids to travel far distances with the climate and condition of the bus (ordinary).

Eevrything else about my ride was typical. But the one that I liked best was the convesation between the mother and her son. No, I was not eavesdropping. They were just an inch beside me. The mother was pointing SM North and GMA network to her son. See, how shopping malls already became a landmark to most of us especially those coming from a province.

When I was younger, I usually look for big building outisde the window everytime I was riding a bus here in the metro. As a kid, I was amazed by the facade of tall buildings and malls. I admit that I would consider SM North as the best that time.

But as I grew up and move forward, SM is still SM and those buildings that I used to stare in awe are still standing tall along EDSA. I guess, seeing them every so often somehow lessened the excitement of seeing it again for the nth time. I have been travelling and working for more than eight years of my life (college included). Perhaps, I already got used to seeing them.

Now read again the text message I've posted above. The third line to be exact.

At this point, I or we could still not figure which is the best since we have 24 hrs to live each day. Anything nice or not so nice may happen. And that is what I am up for. What is ahead of me. What is a surprise or if there ain't any surprises at all.

I have delighted myself in seeing what city life was in my yester years. I looked forward those malling days when I was a kid. What I thought are the best may or may not be that one since I am still living and chances are I may be seeing something new, something wild or something outrageous in the near future. Same with people. I have those whom I think are the best for and with me. I am not also forgetting that in every time I walk by the walkway or ride a bus or eat at the canteen, I may or may not meet a person whom could turn out to be a good friend. You know those things that would only materialize until you get there.

Happy Easter!


Post Script:
This may have a relation to Easter and to that text message above.

As I was waiting for my ride, 5 children were walking towards my direction. Two of them were carrying sacks. One was empty, the other was full of palstic containers (empty margarine container, water container, cups, and the like). To my estimate they were around 3-6 years old. One of the kids even picked up a fallen macopa fruit lying in front of me.

After a few minutes, I saw them again going back carrying another emprt sack. I think they were picking up "junk" along the highway.

I had these thoughts in mind: they were doing most kids do on easter - easter egg hunting. But theirs were not eggs; it was almost lunch time yet these kids were still out in the street doing something that they should not be doing; they were walking on the same street where buses, cars and trucks also pass by; and, some kids do not have the luxury to play... just play and consume all their time playing and enjoying that childhood stage.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:56 PM