Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Poetry Sampler# 2

Halika Na
(A. C. Cons, 01.02.06, 6:19pm)


Pagtugtog pa lamang ng banda
Lapitan na lahat at nagsama-sama
Sa gitna ng umpuka'y akin na lamang namasdan
Isang mukhang Kubli ng kadiliman

Sa Saliw ng malambing na musika
Pagpadyak ng paa'y hatid sa'yo na pala
Kaya naman mas mainam ko nang natitigan
Ang iyong kabuuan mula sa kinatatayuan

Halika na at sabayan aking himig
Pagsayaw mo ako'y napakagat sa bibig
Halika na at ikumpas ang kamay
Laglag-panga sa kembot mong humahalukay
Halina't buuin ang aking gabi
Limutin natin ating mga katabi
Halika na, halika na.
Ang indayog ng iyong baywang
At galaw ng iyong mga paa
Gusto kong sundan ng pag-ikot at tawa

Lumalalim ang gabi
Ngunit ako'y ginigising ng iyong mga ngiti
Pag-ikot ng ilaw at pagtama sa'yo nito
Sapul naman bawat sandali sa puso ko

O, kay sarap mong masdan
Habang ikaw ay sumasayaw, gumagalaw sa may unahan

Halika na
Ikembot ang baywang, igiling ang katawan
Habang kasabay ang ulo't balikat naman
Halika na
Abutin na aking mga kamay
Sige na
Gawin ang nais bago tayo mangalay
Halika, halika



** inspired by That Was You in Reggae. Company's Ska/reggae themed Christmas Party held at The Makati Shangri-La last Dec 19th, 2004. I went to the front with my former teammate, Zig, to watch the band. Many were grooving to the music. Then, I glanced at That Was You In Reggae, who was dancing with her friend. Once glance led to checking her out.

Instead of bugging myself with my poor, sick (?) teammates, I just played the dreamsounds 3 cd that was given to me. The music was soothing. And I was able to think about things.

It was more than a year already but That Was You In Reggae still lingers in my mind once in awhile.

I also dig Brownman Revivals' music today. This poem has that reggae feel if I could only fit some music in it.



Holiday Fever

It was weird. Everyone was getting sick. Must've been the season. But wait. It ain't that cold. Not chilling either.

People extending hours at work (Hurray! to the duffle bag performance of Kim), committing themselves to make up for the shortcomings (huh?! :rolleyes:) of others. Okay.

If it's really sickness, I've got some advice. Please change your bed sheets and pillow cases. or if you are having severe back pains, dispose your old bed and get a new one. Dizziness? Probably, disinfect and sanitize your bedroom. Must've been that irritating/umpleasant smell pressing your lungs. (Please play BEP's "Don't Lie" song while doing your chores. Please.)

Damn. I was planning to go home early to catch my sister before she leaves to Manila. I was suppose to give her chocolates. But I had to extend a minimum of 3 hours on work for coverage. I couldn't complain because I wanted to minimize abandoned duties. My sister left around 6pm. I arrived home at 9:30pm.

I bet. This holiday fever would strike back and let it's venom flow on these people this coming Holy Week. It would still be a couple of months from now. But still, I already smell their urgency/itch to be away from the office.

Hope these people had a very, very nice celebration of the holidays. This is a brand new year. Please do yourself a favor. Make some changes. Prevention is better than cure, you know.

Boo! Style nyo bulok! (Sa panahon ngayon BAWAL magkasakit. Tsk.)


Food Trip

I pigged out yesterday. It started last Monday when I grabbed a can of preserved chilli squid in natural ink. I planned to eat that as my snack the next day, Tuesday.

Yesterday, my lunch was adobong pusit (squid). I also ate the leftover for my snack. So, the can that I have is still unopened.



::: I lost one of my friendship bracelets. That wasn't given to me by anyone. I bought that a year ago. On my way to work, I noticed that one of my bracelets was about to fall off. I fixed it then realized that I was only wearing 3 from the original 4 that I ws wearing.

::: Thank you to my teammate, Drake, for the Black Eyed Peas and Dreamsound 3 copies. I knew it was a cd inside that gift wrapping. I just wondered why the case was thick. In my mind, it was an original cd (Kapal. Gusto pa ng orig.). There were actually two cds inside.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 3:02 PM