Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Post Christmas Post :p

I was right. I forgot to buy a gift for one of my god daughters last Christmas. My sister was generous enough to hand her 50 bucks. Yes, just 50. She's still a kid. Hihi.

Anyway, it was heartwarming to offer a seat in a bus to a person whom I know deserves to take that seat more than me.

I was always lucky to take my ride from the bus terminal. From there, I would know if I still have a space to sit back and relax. After the bus leaves the terminal, its usual stop would be at this certain mall in North Ave. Of course, passengers would go in whether there are available seats or not just to be home at their desired time.

A bunch of people came in yesterday. I was seated two seats from the driver. The was this mom-daugther-and-child trio who's among that bunch. The mother was making a lot of comments about the ride. What could you do? No choice but to hold the handrail and stand right for support. I didn't offer my seat to them. I was tired last night coming from work. I bet they were also tired from shopping. Not worth my seat.

The bus moved then stopped in front of a gasoline station. A mother and her small daughter went in. I was looking at the mom's tummy since it's bulging. I asked the lady if she is pregnant. And the answer was yes. I offered my seat to her because of that.

I keep in mind to offer a seat to an elderly, a pregnant woman, disabled or someone who's carrying a heavy baggage. And I sometimes offer my seat also to nice looking ladies. Hehe.

Alright. After arriving home, I found two mails on top of our bookshelf. One is from John, one of my best friends in college, and one from a cigarette company.

Ok. Let's start with the latter. I think I was sent that because I filled up an application for an extreme challenge promo of that cigarette brand. I was actually bugged by this sales lady inside a grocery store to just write down my info for that challenge. I agreed since I've never done it in my whole life. It was my first time to be sort of a hopeful contender in an extreme game.

In their letter, another fact sheet needs to be filled up to avail of their free leather-cased lighter. I'm not a chain smoker. I think I''m not needing that. Besides, I don't want to give out as much info about myself. They were even asking me to send a photocopy of a valid ID or birth certificate. Yeah, right. I have my very own antique-looking lighter which was used by my dad when he was younger.

On to the other letter. When I opened it, his Christmas card revealed another Christmas card which was dated last year. That card was the one I'm talking about in my previous post. It was from Vincent, our friend who's now in San Fo. John's card was like the other cards he sent us, his best friends, years ago. I could read worry, longing and anticipation in his sentences. He kept on saying about changes, busy careers, get togethers and everything that is college life.

He closed his thoughts withe a verse from the Bible. It was from Eccl. 11:9-10 (Advice to Young People).

Yesterday, I was actually thinking of posting something which has that "Advice to Young People" (Eccl. 11:9-10) feel. I felt sleepy so my brain froze. Reading my friend's letter made me think about certain matters in decision making especially at this age. If you have the Bible right beside you, please open it on that verse. Before reading that, look at the last two verses above chapter 11. The one that tells the reader to enjoy life while we're still living beacuse we are going to be dead for a longer period of time or something that sounds like it. That's one of my favorite verses from the Bible.

After reading the letter, I called up John . I thanked him for the card. He was bugging me to plan a lunch out with the rest of our friends from college. They already had a small get together when Margaux, Ronald and him celebrated with AC's, our other friend, dad's wedding. I was at work so I wasn't able to drop by and feast on the food. Hehe.

The card also has a print out of our me, John, Joms and Ronald during our graduation in PICC. I was kidding my friend about him crying while preparing those letters which he sent us.

So, those are the letters that I've received.

In a lighter note, I feel so full. Tropical Hut's spaghetti was a kicker. I also took in coke and hamburger. Also, I think I have to get my very own cd of BEP before the year ends. I saw, rather heard, the sign. The security guards at the log in area in the office was playing "my hump."


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 2:43 PM