Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Sunday, December 04, 2005

Roll Betamax

Three days had passed. I still think about the not so old days.

A couple of days ago, I was enjoying my isaw (grilled pork -small/large?- intestine) which was bought by my nephew. I was really hungry so I consumed two sticks in less than 3 minutes, I believe. I pour the sauce on the bowl first. Then, I removed the isaw from the stick. Let it stand for a couple of seconds for the yummy delicacy absorb the sauce.

While eating, I was looking at my 8 month old niece. She was looking at me. She could already eat solid food. But of course, no way could I share my isaw. Bad for her. At that moment, I thought about certain things that happened in the past. I thought that feeling would end so i do not have to blog about it. But another thing happened.

Yesterday, Saturday, was the usual day for workers/students to go home to their nearby provinces where the rest of their family stays. 'Twas drizzling a bit. A lot of people packed in the streets waiting for their bus ride. As I wait impatiently (Yes, I was since I badly need to get home as early as I could), I noticed that there was no bus going to my place. And people were already pilling up waiting for the same bus that I would take. I glanced to the street and saw another bus from another bus line headed my place. So, I ran. And ran. And ran. But I was too slow chasing it. No. That bus was fast. Felt like I was crying, running after a loved one leaving to another country. Poor kid. Nakakawala pa man din ng poise yun, di ba? Haha!

That instance was like a deja vu. But I know it had happened before. Not in my past life. But a few years back. Me chasing buses going to school or home. Me loosing my control on waiting. That rang my bell to write something about it. So, here it is.

For three days straight, I wasn't able to sleep early and well. After I brushed my teeth and took a bath, my eyes were still wide open. I could also feel that chill from the cold night. Perhaps, my skin pores are just open after taking a bath. And my cd player wont allow me to concentrate on sleeping. I recently bought Janet's last cd. It was on sale for 150 bucks and it's original. I never let it pass. So, for three nights, I was focused on the sound to check if there was any defect or something. Unfortunately, I always fall asleep even before track #09 ends. This cd has 22 tracks in it. It's worth the purchase. Anyway, I was never successful about my observation.

Whenever I reach home lately, I am taken to my younger years. Not necessarily haunting but relieving.

Thanks to that isaw and bus chasing moment. Now, I'm posting.

A stick of pork isaw was P6-8 before. Now, it's ten a piece. Still affordable. I could already take it in with rice. Instant dinner for that matter. I think it was between my elementary and high school days where I have been stuggling with my set of friends (Ok. This would not be a rant about relationships. Please continue for my own resolve.

Life was so much easier before. P15 allowance everyday would get me through a day in school. I have my mom to wake me up in the morning and help me set up for school. And I had my very reliable trike service during the rest of my grade school life.

Riding the tricycle or jeepney was fun. Ending with a messed up hair was okay. And dirty uniforms were excusable. Perhaps, I never payed attention to fashion then.

After class, I still had that energy to play street games with my friends until night time. I always get scolded because of that. I had that exciting social life by playing with childhood friends and hanging out with them. I was hooked in card games before. But I never got to understand solitaire and tong-its... also mah jong, which is not a card game, of course. I never cared if I'd lose from fifty cents to a peso bet. What I thought was the money's from my mom/dad. Getting burnt by the afternoon sun was fine. Swimming on a polluted river was no problem with me. And, yeah. I once enjoyed sabong (cockfight).

From all these being "adventurous" and the like, I miss being stupid. Or dumb. Or what have you. That make me laugh at myself. Getting lost in a place, figuring out the way to the auditorium or the building where I should take my entrance exam. Part of the adventure is stupidity.

I miss the energy. I miss sponteinity. I miss deciding for my own decisions. You know, I still have to consider some people before coming up with a resolution. That's healthy but only in some cases.

Indeed, life was so much easier when responsibilities are less while someone looks after you as a guide.

I know those vendors yelling "mani..mani.. (peanuts)" or "fuji (pronounced as poh-jie) apple" would tap my senses again.

It's good to have a good memory to catch and feel life as it transpires.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 8:28 AM