Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Another Tale Straight From The Supermarket

I've been noticing that after going out of the supermarket, I come up with some thoughts that I feel are worth blogging about. I guess, you do, too.

Well, before that I have to be honest that I've consumed at least a bag and a half of chicharon. I am really inhibiting myself on this cholesterol-rich junk. But I couldn't help it. Perhaps, it's my spiced vinegar. Or just another food trip. But you know, sometimes, I find it hard to breathe if I ate too much fatty/oily food.

Anyways, the usual. Monday is/was grocery day for me. And I usually do that in the hotness of the afternoon. 'Twas around 2-3pm. I drop by the supermarket during these times since I know that less people would be there. And less people go out of their houses when the sun is up and burning. What did I have? Hmm...

Soap was inside the basket. As well as fabric softener. The, shampoo and conditioner. Then, bleach. For bath and laundry stuff alone, I think I've already spent half of my alotted budget. Aside from non-consumable items, I always check out new things that look delightful in my eyes. The supermarket is big but it doesn't offer all the things that my mind could think of. But it's ok since I always get what I want and need from there. The only item missing in my every purchase was the dishwashing liquid that we use at home.

The basket was heavy but I am not complaining. I need those items, anyway.

Pay day is still about two weeks. So, I could not really add some more items. I was in a tight budget. Most of the time, I end up overspending and taking home some items that I don't necessarily need. Hence, I have a list of grocery items that I should buy but I do not religiously follow them.

Doy-packed fruit juices wasn't part of them. But after browsing and contemplating, I've made up my mind to toss two pieces of it in my basket. So, that's guyabano and iced tea-lemon flavored drinks. I already have a bag of 250g powdered calamansi juice for my daily dose of Vitamin C. But I thought, P10 extra wouldn't hurt (Each of the fruit juice costs P4.10, I think).

It's the chips, biscuits and candies that ruin my budget. I don't prepare a list of possible picks for snack. I already have instant noodles. But after a meal, I usually look for something salty or sweet. Good thing, the supermarket has those corn bits and corn chips.

So, there. I kept on passing through each aisle. Before, I spent some minutes looking at the canned/bottled spanish sardines. Last time, I wowed myself on peanut butters. I miss the taste. Even the peanut butter flavored chocolates. But I end up having LBM once I spread it over my bread or just lick a spoonful of it. I was looking at the different brands and containers. Time didn't change the way the bottles/containers look. They still look old school which is, btw, nice. They look good... and expensive. The smallest bottle costs P35.

And since we have a baby at home, I checked out the baby's section. Not the diapers and milk, but the clothes and bottles. I don't know. But there's something wonderful about baby clothes and accesories (bottles, bottle brush, rattles, clips, pacifires, etc.).

Also, a discovery for me. Candies which are already available during the 80's ang early 90's. The peanut-shaped candy, nougat, the menthol candy - sorry. I don't know how to describe them. If only I had my phone that time. These were the sweet that I was able to enjoy when I was young. Next time, I hope I could share some pictures.

I'm beginning to think that passing through its aisles, comparing of prices and contents, carrying a grocery basket (I have yet to try the push cart), smelling some items, and so on and so forth are growing in me. They're somewhat therapeutic.

I prepared my fare for my ride. Usually, it costs less than P10. But I am not really sure how much. But I know it is cheaper than P10. I handed my P10 to the driver. I told him where to drop me. I think he never bothered to give my change. An old lady, who's also a co-passenger, asked for her change. She asked the driver if she still has some change from the amount that she paid. I was also thinking about asking the driver the same thing. But I had the courage to do so because of the old lady. I said, "Manong, magkano po hanggang [my place]?" Without a word, he handed me P1.50. Dupang na yun, a.

After I reached home, I immediately took the can of vienna sausage, a plastic of cheese and a pouch of pizza sauce. Guess, you already have an idea what am I up to. I sliced the leftoverpan de sals. Spread the pizza sauce. Added some sliced sausages and cheese and tossed them inside the over toaster. I shared them to my nephews and nieces after.

Also, after some lightyears, I finally get to drink black tea again. But my taste bud reaction was still the same as the first time I tried it : it sucked. I just consumed 3/4 of my glass. Never should've attempted.

Yes. I try to eat as much as I could on my rest days. But I am suffering from diarrhea today. Hoo, life.



OT : Thank you to the ff people who dropped by this space on the worldwide web.

Nikki,Aina,CTabasa


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 12:38 PM