Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, December 01, 2005

Money-Making Junk

Yesterday was payday. I guess I am the only person who's not excited about it. I mean, yeah. Money. I'd be filthy rich for about a day or two. Then, what? Actually, I consider it payday the day after the yesterday. I guess it is safer to go to the bank on a regular day than payday itself.

Who doesn't need money? It feeds me (not literally), for one. And of course, the value of it. You know. It is the primary use on trade. If only bottle caps have their own value, why would I waste my time collecting those misprinted papers (re: Arrovo).Hehe. Kiddin'. I said it. It feeds me.

Anyway, just on my way home yesterday, I decided to drop by the music section of a certain department store. No new cds added in their racks, I guess. But going there habitually failed me to notice some sale stuff. Mind you. Imported cds for only a hundred and fifty bucks. Some are the last album of those who are now at rest with their musical career. Hence, hiatus. Imagine, Janet Jackson's last album which is back in 2003 is on sale. Also, Javier's, Thalia's, Kelis', Amy Perez' Chinggy's, Snoop Dogg's, Kylie's, Gregorian Chants, Jane's Addiction.. err Dave Navarro's band, A Perfect Circle and some good compilations. I was hesitant to buy. But they're on sale. That might be my last chance to stumble on cheap, original cds. At least one. Payday naman, eh. (Haha! Whatta lame excuse.) Think. Think. Til I purchased Janet's. Haven't heard the rest of the album. But I think it has nice upbeat tracks. I hope the bigger and more popular music stores have also cds on sale as cheap as that. Let's wait til next payday. But I am saving on several OPM cds (which aren't on sale... and are about to be repackaged after I buy 'em, I guess). OPM? Cheap, imported, original cds? OPM? Cheap, imported, original cds?

See. I am having a hard time saving and spending at the same time.

Next up. Home.

I was busy watching the Amazing Race when one of my relatives droped by for a talk. She said she just ate dinner that's why she left her house for a small walk. Then, she chanced upon going to our house and talking tp my elder sister. They talked. We talked. I watched tv. They talked. Then, we talked again. From living with her hard-headed parent to stealing a pack of cigar to money. Hmm, I liked the last one - money. Breeze of the payday air, wasn't it? Right just on time. Ok, I listened. She mentioned about the alotted budget at home, making a loan, workinga broad, paying taxes, etc. Everything about spending money whether you have something o spend or nothing to at all.

Of course, I looked eager though I usually have a poker face. But deep in me was saying, Hey work that ass. All ranting could not generate money.

You know, I like what I've heard from a father of a kid who's joined and won second place in a talent search. He said something like, "Ang buhay hindi naman palakihan ng kita kundi paramihan ng ipon." I think I couldn't translate this in English since a.) it's hard to translate it; and b.) it is better said that way.

I am single. She is married. Definitely, she would have more reason to work double, save double and rant double. But I guess, comparing herself to a single person would be no good. She couldn't turn back time. She has a family. I know, I do not know how she really feels because I am single. But I support my family. I send my two brothers to school. I think at least half of what she's been, I feel.

Like her, I do envy other people also. Those who acquire hafty cash, those who have not just silver but gold spoon in their mouth, those who have assets, those who are corrupt, those who sold their dignity for wealth. I envy them in terms of financial. Other than that, it's otherwise.

Take the cds on my list. Think about the rants of my relative. Aren't we slaves of our own desires? Are we governed by the things that we like to have? Or the kind of life that we want to live?

If I splurge, I'd be poorer. If I rant, I'd be also the same. Nothing would change.

I think, you and me are one on this. We experience drought. We end up empty-handed a few days after payday. Still, we work to get our next pay. Does the word budget ring a bell?


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:23 PM