Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Sunday, December 11, 2005

Current CD in my boombox: Tasty - Kelis. I asked my sister to get this for me 'cos it's on sale. P150 for an original copy. San ka pa? Browsing thru the album inlay revealed that some songs were co-written by the other half of NERD and fellow Pinoy, Chad Hugo. *swicthes cd to Orange and Lemons' then plays the song, "Pinoy Ako"*

14 days to go before Christmas14 days to go before xmas

A Christmas Musicale

I was in line paying for my cup cakes and cookies at the counter of a snack corner of this certain department store when I noticed how charming the young kinds were while doing their program at the activity area of the mall. A number of people was watching them seated infront of the stage. Perhaps, their stage parents. There were also the curious ones who were overlooking them from atop. I was able to watch them while waiting for my turn to pay for my goods. To rid myself from boredom, I was watching while waiting.

Finishing the program wasn't my plan. I was actually hurrying to go home early. It was raining. And we know a downpour could slow down everything. But I enjoyed that glimpse of children singing about Christmas. They were dressed as angels, by the way.

Rock da Riles 2005

From the exit door of that mall, one could hear the banging sound of the drum and the loud blowing of a horn. Must've been another mini-concert or something. Man, was I amazed of what I saw. It was way more than just a show. It was for a cause. An event from an organization to celebrate Human Rights Day.

Wowoweewow! Radio Active Sago Project was playing. So, instead of falling in line going inside the MRT station, I found myself tapping my feet, almost standing infront listening to their music. *vox-drums-sax-guitars-claps* I think I heard three songs from them. The last one was their last release (i think) which is "Astro." The vocalist is from my school, btw. I liked their playlist. I also managed to take a shot using my phone (for remembrance..hehe.)

After their last song, the host explained again what the cause was all about. Honestly, I wasn't able to listen attentively. But I know the show is from Rock Ed Philippines. The theme for the Ayala station was "environment(al)." Other shows were held simultaneously in other stations. Some volunteers gave away thin, white bands (I got 4, btw.). After I set foot on the ground where the event was happening, I noticed one of the people who incidentally is linked to my blog. The photographer, Jake Versoza, was there taking of course, photos. One of the more popular volunteers/actor, Jaime Garchitorena, was also there taking shots. I envy them for their cameras. Hehe.

Another band named Giniling Festival set up their instruments right after Radio Active Sago Project. Their songs, too, were nice. I finished listening to two of their songs since it's late and raining.

The usual, I board the train. Got off to Cubao station. But the organizers there were already packing up. I was late to catch even a single performance in the area. I just asked the girl who's distributing white bands and small "booklet" for...uhm, that "booklet." She was giving me a white band but I showed her that I already got one on my left wrist. She just said, "Uy." Then, smiled. I also smiled at her. Uuy. The booklet was some notes from the United Nations about their plans/reports on Human Rights.

All the way home, I was wearing the band. I kept the one that I wore together with the booklet. Remember I got 4? The remaining 3 I really plan to wear. The first one that I got would be for remembrance (cheesy :p).

Seriously, I am planning to join this organization. Or other organization that has my same concern. I just realized that I had another signs (again) to do some actions for my own resolve. First was the theme at Ayala station which was for the environment. Most of you know what course I finished. Whether I had that degree or not, I have this concern on ecology. Throwing a piece of paper inside or outside a bus is already a big deal to me. Second was that the vocalist of the band comes from the same school that I attended. I also like the way his band delivers their poetry with their sound. Hence, music.

**From my old note in my old celfone, I saved 5 "careers" that I want to take: professor, musician, writer, volunteer and psychologist. (I am a customer service agent as of press time :D)**

I want to be a volunteer but there are two thoughts which inhibit me to be one. First is my responsibilities at home. I am the eldest. So, I need to be the most available one especially during difficult or unexpected times. Second is money. The fare alone would be a big blow to my budget. I don't own my own money. I am supporting a family. I may be good at saving but on time management, I doubt. That I must learn if I want to add some activities on my boring life.

I mean, more than making a difference, it is actually doing something worthwhile to/in/for/about my life. I want to take advantage of my youth, of my strength and of my passion. I think I'm just an inch away but I'm held back by negativity.

I want to join. That means not only by signing up and going to their rallies but by supporting their programs and doing simple actions which would definitely make life a better one. And of course, I have those white bands.

PS

If anybody reading this knows where I could get the white RockEd band (it looks similar to the baller ID), please let me know. Thank you.

** Congratulations to Nene Tamayo for being the big winner in the first-ever Pinoy Big Brother.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 9:20 AM