Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Dose of Our Christmas Party

Last Sunday, the company I am working at threw a Christmas party to its employees. Not all attended since some have their own shifts to finish. (bleh!haha!)

After shift, we stayed for an hour in the office before heading to Rockwell (as per their ad, it's "the address of fashionable Manila." More than fashion, I the atmosphere.). The party was held at Play Underground. Yes, the one at the parking lot where wall climbing enthusiasts work their appendages. We were early. Registration wasn't open yet so we just strolled around the place then settled down on the wooden bench. Btw, I was with Liza and Agnes.

We went back to the venue thinking that we could already sign in before going inside the place. But 'twas otehrwise. Some people were still fixing the computers. After minutes of waiting, the line was finally open. After having my right wrist stampped and getting my food and beer tickets, I also accopmanied my other teammate, Candy, by the registration area. She was a bit late for our meeting time but itwas okay sinc only a number of people were piling up the area.

We found our spot near the area where iced teas were served. A long moment had past but the food wasn't served yet. It looked like all were already looking at the buffet table. Well, who wouldn't? Heaven 'n Eggs and red Crab? Too bad I wasnt' able to try anything from the former.

Liza and Agnes went first. Then Candy and I. We were eying on our seats and tables because somebody might occupy them.

I think I had shawarma, fish fillet, that marshmallow and mango and watermelon that I had on a stick then rolled it over a flowing chocolate (dunno what it's called), then, the small bread with tuna/mushroom, paella (?). I don't eat that much when I'm not home. So, those were the only ones that tricked my fancy.

While eating, other teammates arrived. There's Cynthia, Ronchie and Zig. SO, I was no longer the lone male there. Some other teammates from other accounts were also present. Lei was also there. She got off then came back carrying her son, Potpot. My former supervisor whom we haven't seen for a long time, Pio, was there. My account manager, Cris, said hi. Another teammate, Pao, also spent some time with us. I also saw former employees present at the party. The ever nice HR guy, Allan, was there also. One of my supervisors, Jane, with husband Jimbo, was there with their daughter, July.
I enjoyed watching the Christmas message video presentation of every team. I also liked the music used for the dance number of the dance club. The "idols" were also a delight.
Liza, Cynth and I left the place by past 10pm. We were talking and joking while looking for a ride. Guess it was because we were not familiar with the place.

On my way home, I took a besta van for my ride. I seated at the back. Upon resting my butt, the guy beside me asked me if I play the guitars. He said I looked I do because of my hair. I told him that I really don't. I think he is selling guitars at a certain mall. He was actually carrying two that time. Before hopping off the van, he told me that he's stall is at this certain mall if ever I am interested to buy. I thanked him since he added P5 to my fare. I thought it was still 50 bucks.

Alright, I was more of raving for that party. So, here's my list about it. I do not know what's the common thing in all these, though.

1. More often than not, Christmas parties usually bring out good times. In that moment, one person could forget a bad feeling towards another because of the crowd and the atmosphere. But that's just momentarily.

2. It's hard to compare last Sunday's party from last year's.

3. I was with a bigger crowd last year. I miss eating while talking and picture taking with my former teammates who already logged off from the company permanently.

4. Dropping a band performance from the program line up is a horrible decision.

5. Comfortable clothes indeed make one comfortable.
6. Deciding to leave your cam phone at home is a bad, bad decision.

7. Christmas feels sweeter at night.

8. If you are hungry, never to another starving person. You both would just rant about food and the organizing committee.

9. In a party, it's either you're early or you're late.

10. Some people just want food... food and nothing else.

My (Grown Up) Christmas List:

1. financial and political stability for my beloved country;

2. discovery of alternative energy sources;

3. equal opportunities for all;

4. abusive people to explode and burn like a super lolo (a type of fire cracker);

5. less/minimize or better eradicate terrorism, unexpected accidents on land, air and water, poverty, unemployment and mortality due to lack of health services and preventive measures;

6. a shining moment for everyone;

7. at least one or two Filipino singers/bands in the world music market dominating the billboards, trl, vh1, and the rest of the world charts;

8. repackaging of FM, ok include AM, radio stations;

9. an acoustic guitar;

10. good health for all my friends and loved ones;

11. personal growth in all aspects of my beaing;

12. better recycle techniques and energy and resource materials conseravation;

13. my course to be reinstalled again in my alma matter;

14. another set of friends, a new hobby, a new sport, another career option, a new pet;

15. weight gain;

16. a digital camera;

17. an end to a hiatus;

18. settled dues;

19. get my preferred work schedule;

20. Bop It extreme toy.

Christmas Gifts

Today, I got:
::: a P100 - Starbucks gc from my supervisor, Ia.

::: Steady Lang cd of Brownman Revival from one of my supervisors, Merry, during our exchange gift.

::: a native/island/tribal/ethnic bracelet from my account manager, Cris.


LSS: I don't know the title nor the singer behind it but it goes, "...Sana ngayong Pasko ay maalala mo pa rin ako..."
The fast food restaurant commercial that used this song for their ad is the best Christmas-themed tv commercial this year.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:34 PM