Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Holla day

The past holiday was a reliever. No, not from work since it was my scheduled rest days.

I spent some time of laughter and stories with my family. We seldom see each other due to work and school. Once the next semester resumes, my two yuonger brothers would be living again with my younger sister. They all stay together to save money. Just the fare that would be shed everyday would drain our pockets. So, it was a wise idea to just let them live in a place near work and school.

My previous rest days from work was on Sundays and Mondays. Now, it drops on Mondays and Tuesdays. So, stuff hunting in the supermarket does not fall on a Sunday but Monday instead. And speaking of supermarket, I was a bit pissed by "whoever he is" who called my attention last Monday. After I've bought some groceries, this ceratin guy was saying something in this line, "Wow. bagong shopping..." I just didn't here the rest of his non-sense statements.

Before I take my ride, I would pass by the public school in our area. It has its basketball court. So, alot play there. Some people I know, some I don't. I've been bombarded by new faces in my place. Anyway, I was in my shorts and basketball shirt. Nothing grand, right? Went to buy some stuff for home. Then, went back home, of course.

That's the usual thing that some quiet people in my place hear. Some tambays would just howl here, shout there. I, myself, do not know if they are trying to get my attention or trying to say something. Sometimes, if there's someone just passing by, they would hit them with some threats as sharp as beating the stranger up or they would talk behind the person's back and make faces or nasty comments. How insecure.

Those are the things that I do not like in most of the people or tambay in my place. I've labeled myself as one but I do not do that especially to strangers. I do not know if that's a matter of territory. But who owns the place anyway? All of us are mere passers by. And mind you, those who do that are not originally from our place. In short, dayo lang. Kapal, di ba?

I don't even know what's the big deal in seeing me doing some groceries for my family. They don't even know me. I barely know new blood of tambays in my place. I am being judgmental here but most of them look like the exact definition of a jolog. Mukhang mabaho na di naliligo na basagulero na nakikipagsabayan sa mga mayayaman sa porma ngunit ang kalalabasa ay isang katawa-tawang nilalang na wala namang ibubuga.

But this rant was overbooted off by the quality time with my family. We had shake in the afternoon. I bought this powder used in pearl shakes. One bag each of buko pandan, moch and cookies and cream. I asked an errand to my nephew for five pieces of ice. My mom and my brothers had buko pandan. My sister had mocha. I just tasted a spoonful of mocha because I was anticipating for the cookies and cream. My supposed cup of mocha was given to my niece. I told my sister that I'd have cookies and cream. And when all the flavors are done, I tasted the one that I have. My sister was laughing because she was already telling me that cookies and cream tastes a bit odd. I had no choice to take it in since I already gave my nephew my cup of mocha. Next time, I know what to pick.

Preparation was fun. I was the one crushing the ice and rinsing it after. My sister was blending the powder and ice. We were laughing at our blender because it was emitting small rubber when we turn it on. We just realized that the rubber lining underneath wasn't exactly fitted on the machine.

Just a couple of weeks ago, we made a oven toasted pizza. Crusts are available in supermarkets. Add a small amount of luncheon meat, cheese and a small pack of pizza sauce. And voila! An almost Greenwich pizza. Must've been the pizza sauce. Hehe.

So, there. I think I am just a happy person to spend some time with my family rather than staying in the streets doing nothing. I am happy to be able to provide for my family. I am happy to be able to go grab some items in the grocery. How about "whoever he is"?

One of the moments which I think that these people wish they were me. Conceited, I know. Well, not really. I maybe an eyesore. I maybe an insecurity. I maybe an unfulfilled dream. But I have a word for those who pick on people. (These people who are doing nothing wrong but are picked on. These people who are striving to make their dreams a reality. These people who are living their life humbly. )

To "whoever he is", I might as well share my cookies and cream shake to you. Then remember this word ---

Brainfreeze.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 12:31 PM