Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, January 09, 2007

01.08.07 Mon
6:43pm

Last Saturday was Fun

For the past weeks, I was always late in having my grocery list done.

I now arrive at the supermarket at past 9am. But it was okay since the holidays are over and there are less people now doing their rounds.

But I am not posting anything about time and other shoppers.

I finished my list fast. Before the clock hit 11:30am (and before Korean drama, "It Started With a Kiss" started.. Haha! I am guilty.), I was already home unloading my three grocery bags.

I have some grocery finds that excites me until now. And there are still some that I wish to get in my next stop.

To help me in my cooking indulgence, I got a cooking oil dispenser; a small, steel laddle; a small powder container (since I bought a pack of curry powder that same day); and a peeler with plastoc knife (this my nephews tested after the picked some green mangoes in our backyard).

A set of measuring spoons were already in my cart. But I decided to have it next week. I assumed that my money isn't enough. And I am strictly following my grocery list. But the items mentioned above were not even part of last week's list. So, blame me now. A set of measuring cups also call me everytime I passby that section. Soooooon.

Anyway, one of the personnels assigned to the meat section was a former kindergarten classmate/neighbor. I know that we know each other. We just did not grow up speaking with one another. He, together with his brothers, has been a news in our place, even outside, for their notorious acts.

And dang! He kept on coming back and forth the liempo section. I was suppose to get at leat 1/4 k of it. But he was the only one tasked to weigh and seal it. And I do not want to command a person whom I know. So, I changed paln on what to cook for a Sunday lunch. I got chichen gizzard and liver instead. Easy adodo instead of bicol express.

Upon reaching home, I rested and watched tv for a moment before I proceeded to work my hands on my Oriental Pork ingredients. It was from the kitchenomics website. But I made a twist, accidentally. Instead of using their sweet style spaghetti sauce, I used 2 pouches of sweet blend tomato sauce from UFC. I wrote it wrongly on my list. I kep on looking for a 250 g del monte sweet style tomato sauce but found none. I found a 200 g sweet blend UFC tomato sauce. I got two, which makes 400g, and just increased the amount of other ingredients so I can consume every drip of the tomato sauce.

Oriental Pork was okay. But I did not get rave reviews about it. Plain. I made it a little hot by adding some more curry powder. But I liked it hot.

After eating lunch and a short rest, I went digging some soil in our backyard. The squash that I planted in a small pot was fastly growing. So, the need to transfer it to an open soil was encouraged. I made use of my unused gardening tools.

As I was digging a plot, my two nephews were up the mango tree picking some fruits. I was just right below them. After they got more than 10 mangoes, they went down to eat 'em. I asked them to try one of my latest purchase - peeeler with plastic knife (with a banner on the side: Even kids can use them.)

After they peeled a couple, they helped me make my plot. My two other nephews also gave help. My four year old nephew/goddaughter, Christine, and Gaby. I have a shovel. Jeric had the hand trowel. Akie had the transplanter while Christine and Gaby were grabbing each other hair to use the cultivator.

I gave them some snacks afterwards. I asked my sister to make two pitchers of iced tea and to use the leftover lemon on the fridge. I then asked Jeroc to buy two plastics of cubed ice and some bread from the bakery. I was alone digging some more while watching them enjoy the food and the company of each other.

Ah, I really feeling it to be their tito (uncle).

But yesterday afternoon, those three little kittens got into my nerves.

They destroyed my plot. They've uprooted my plants. They managed to intrude the plant to think that we put some branches to protect them. God thing there were still alive but almost wilting. I buried the roots again in soil and watered them immediately while sprinkling some to those pesky, little kittens (Now, my mom plans to kidnap them from Phoebe and leave them 100 m away from our house.).

And just this morning, before I took a bath and wash the things I used in cooking, I added extra branches to ensure that they will not do it again. Hopefully, when I water them tonight, they are untouched.



Gluttony

I took two sets of meal for my lunch today.

I started off my morning with a cup of coffee. Then, I made myself an omelette (slices of chicken luncheon meat wrapped with scrambled eggs) that I brought here in the office as my official breakfast (as per my New Year's resolution, I am imposing myself to have a decent breakfast everyday.). With it was half a cup of rice.

My lunch was 'pinakbet' (mainly veggies) and a cup of rice. In less than 5 minutes after I consumed them, I went down our food court and got myself a serving of spaghetti and toasted bread.

I dozed off after. A complete pig, weren't I?

But I am still hungry. But no way am I stuffing my stomach with some more food. I feel like farting. Besides, the first thing that I did after I woke up this morning was to take a poop. I had an upset stomach that gives me a feeling of farting and pooping any moment.

So, I am not eating anything until I am home.

Kainis.

Labels: ,


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:52 PM