Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, January 01, 2007

And then it was 2006
6: 43pm
Music: Boom Tarat Tarat - Willie Revillame


Year of the Pig.

But the roads were clean as I travelled going to the office. Really.

Perhaps, less people played with fire crackers. Good thing that there were street parties in the most happening areas country-wide.

I wasn't able to jump, though, when the clocked ticked 12, signaling the start of the first day of 2007.

After the solemn celebration of Christmas day, here comes a new year with all the merriment and festivities.

I, myself, had something in mind for this year. Though I haven't made an official list of my new year's resolution(s), I have two things that I should strictly follow - 1.) Keep my patience; and 2.) Eat my breakfast everyday.

Before I headed back home last Friday, I bought myself a red, smiling stress ball. This should keep me company especially in dealing with customers that will test my patience. I should give it a name. Ah, Buknoy, like Machine Man's fighting baseball.

Yesterday, I cooked two dishes. For dinner, I made batchoy special. Honestly, I did not enjoy it for it tasted bland. But my 2 year old niece loved it. So, I am guessing that it was good. It was only me and my choosy taste buds. Next was my teammate's original, tuna spaghetti. I made it with the help of my sister. It was good. Less spicy compared to the original recipe but good. Still, I prefer the spicier one. But I have to consider those who would like to taste it so being it less spicy was alright. And this time, the pasta was al dente. I just had two cuts on my left palm, though, which I got from opening a can of tuna.

I watched the inspiring yearend of Channel 2 entitled, "Ako And Simula." They did mention one of the quotes which is, "Be the change you want to see," by Mahatma Gandhi. I also endulged myself in the televised festivities of other places across the country.

I went to bed at a little over 12mn. I really wanted to be awake when I close chapter 2006 and open the next. I want to be awake should the world end. Silly. Haha!

This morning, the streets were clear and almost clean. MRT is not on vacation compared to last year. The stage along Paseo de Roxas here in Makati was being brought down when I passed by. Perhaps, the party ended a couple of hours after midnight but the organizing team was good in cleaning the mess. It looked like that no party transpired last night.

Here in the office, I enjoyed two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts. My first taste of it. I also had some inipit and turones de casoy, which I brought. I had free lunch that was fried chicken in gravy. I had coffee crumble ice cream. I still have a bottle of C2 in front of me.

I am now waiting for my shift to end. I am tired. I lack sleep. Some of my family awakened me around 4am. These are the ones who celebrated with alcohol. I wasn't able to take a nap here.

I was less 'expressive' and less excited last night. I don't know why. I was quiet cooking and eating. Btw, I also drowned myself in different kinds of chocolates at home.

Before I end this post, I think I have some achievements from last year that I am proud of.

I became a peer trainer here. I cut my hair. I was awarded and rewarded for having no lates, absences and undertime. I was able to learn a new hobby: cooking. I'll add some when I'm in the mood to recall things.

I hope this pig will be okay with a rooster. (Let's zero out the predictions and fashion blah blahs, okay.)

Happy new year!


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 7:13 PM