Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, December 04, 2006

Bless Him
4:53pm
Music: My Love - Justin Timberlake


Last Saturday afternoon, we visited my uncle in his home. He's the eldest in a brood of three. My father is the youngest. I was with my mom, sister and elder sister.

In a family, we pay visits to elders when there's something serious going on. In this case, it was indeed a serious case. He is sick and is about to surrender to Him. Though his house is just 4 houses away from us, we were stil cluesless about his health problems until we visited him.

We know that he was brought to the hospital before and that he was going into his second childhood.

But the latest info that we got from his wife is that he is suffering from kidney troubles. He actually has a big stomach due to the infection. The family is literally waiting for his end already. Everybody's hopeless and thinks that an operation might cause the untimely rest of him. All of my uncle's kids already payed him a visit.

I wish him and his family well.

******************

Weekend Appetite

Saturday night I made sauteed mongo sprouts and asparagus with oyster sauce from Pinoycook.net. But I dropped the asparagus since it was too pricey and replaced it with sitsaro instead. I also didn't include sesame seed oil and tofu, which the latter I do not really dig (But I am currently copying tofu recipes from pinoycook.net. weird. I might cook tofu next time to enjoy my newly-purchased oyster sauce, which in the first time of my weekly grocery shopping has found its way in my cart and into my heart. Naks. I fancy oriental cooking now.).

My cooking was okay. But I didn't enjoy it as much because togue is not my favorite veggie. Secondly, I do not like its smell.

Anyway, the next day, Sunday, I made another food from the same website - chicken and potatoes in lemon sauce.

It was a mess preparing it. Like oyster sauce, it was the first time I bought and used lemon (Only local lemon from Baguio. Buy Pinoy.).

It was difficult to squeeze. While I was extracting its juice unto the all puprose cream, its slices slipped on my hand three times which I think caused unwanted taste on my finished product. Part of the procedure was to let the lemon juice on the cream as is without stirring. Since I slipped it three times and I needed to get it with spoon, I unintentioanlly stir it. And that may have caused the extra sour taste of my cooking.

But overall, it had that restaurant feel. You know when there's some chicken with lemon sauce prepared in restos. It was a bit high-end compared to my regular cooking.

******************

Green

I asked my nephew, Jeric, to accompany me in the plants stores around our place.

I really plan to have our place ready for the holidays not by having Christmas decors but by planting ornamental plants.

Roughly 300 bucks was shed. But it was alright. I like the three kalachuchi and three pots of roses particularly. The next three set of plants in pairs were not as lovely.

But you know, I asked the people there on how to propagate the plants that I bought but they just said that it will be hard for me. No answer for that question. (Hmm, I should've mentioned that I am a B.S. toot graduate.) I thought that they might think that I will be a competition in the future when I have grown and multipled the plants I got from them. But before that business, I want first to make our yard more pleasing.

So, I am up for other plants perhaps next week.

******************

Tangy

I was craving for danggit last Friday, out of thinking on where to eat due to the holiday and I was at work.

Good thing, one store in the foodcourt offer danggitsilog. But when I went there for my 3:30pm lunch, the store was already being closed.

But today, it was my lunch. Yummy. Salty. Sour and hot. The taste of sour vinegar with hot chili still lingers in my mouth. That means I haven't brushed my teeth yet (Haha! Eew! Baboy) But later I will, before I go home.

I will try other -silog entries in their menu often.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:22 PM