Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, November 20, 2006

Detox... It's healthy.
6:47pm


Cooking on weekends has been therapeutic to me.

Saturday: Chicken Pochero (from nestle.com) for lunch and liempo (marinated in Mama Sita's barbeque powder mix) and assorted frozen veggies (carrots, green peas and corn). The latter just came from my fascination of cooking such frozen delight. While I was browsing through the powdered mixes/ spices section of the supermarket, I decided to try what most of us usually see on restaurants - fried meat and a teaspoon amount of side dish: bean sprouts or mixed veggies.

This section of the supermarket is the second on my list where most minutes are spent scrutinizing each and every pack or bottle (to think that most found here are msg-enriched. boo!). My first will be the veggies section itself (Onions are costly. And parsley always invites me to pick 'em up but I haven't its use with my recipe guide yet).

I have always wanted to fill our kitchen with all spices and condiments for cooking. But the most that I can afford are bottles of vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and fish sauce only. But I am not a fan of fish sauce. I hate to have kidney troubles (Okay. I'm lying. I have a bottle of anchovy sauce at home. And I am the only once who enjoys it. Now tell me if I am still safe from kidney stone. I take buko juice on weekends, though.).

McCormick goodies are too tempting. But really expensive. I cannot find anything generic or local. Cayenne, ground basil, etc. Anyway, there's time for everything. And I can't wait to get my hands on you.

Sunday: Hahaha! I confused myself. I cooked chicken pochero yesterday, Sunday and not on a Saturday. I was so engrossed with the Pacquiao fight when I was cooking it. I started at around 11:30am and finished at around 2pm.

I went back and forth from our kitchen to our living room just to catch up with the event. I woke up from sleep at 8:45am and turned the tv on before 9am to watch the boxing match.

I forgot an ingredient in the recipe I copied that is the carrot. But I unintentionally replaced it with pechay Baguio, an excess from last week's meal.

On the side, I was trimming the talisay tree in our frontyard. SOme of its branches are already touching our house roof. I was suppose to climb the tree but it houses red ants. And I do not want to be bitten even by just of of them. So, I tried to reach one of its soft branches. I asked my nephew to hold it for me so I can cut it with a bolo. But before I grab the bolo, the branch already broke. The tree has soft twigs. I reached the other branches using a rake. Fortunately, it didn't fall on me nor on my nephew. We just pulled off the braches until they break. Now, I have two bruises on my right hand after twisting one branches on it.

Anyway, Saturday lunch was halang-halang. Tinola flavor with coconut milk added into it.

My siblings already went off to Manila yesterday night. Usually, dinner is not that extraordinary. But I made one in the same effect for me. Chicken luncheon meat, chicken luncheon meat stips wrapped in beaten egg a la omelet. I used calamansi juice and soy sauce as sawsawan.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 7:58 PM