Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, November 09, 2006

New Beginnings
4:19pm
Music: Glow - Nelly Furtado


The stray cat, whose been living in our yard for almost two years, has given birth to her kittens for the nth time.

We named her Phoebe. Sweet. Her name actually evolved from a not-so-good-to-the-ear name Fubu, not an apparel brand, but from the words "pusa" (cat) and "buntis" (pregnant). Until we finally baptized her as Phoebe.

My family eventually accepted her presence and her addition to our household. She has attacked as many fried fish as we my mom and sister-in-law had cooked. She's ran from one end of our roof to the other during mating season. Hmm, mating season. Oh, with those loud meows and cinematic "I -am-comin-atcha" moves, I can almost imagine Phoebe and her boys in slow mo. Gross. But that explains her being a mother to more than two dozens.

She uses our caimito tree as ladder going to our roof. Her delivery room is either the ceiling of my room or dark cabinet where our old water pump is. Perhaps she has strategized so she's given birth outside our house, beside my mom's room. We cannot take away her offsprings that easy anymore. Yes, I must admit. Some little Phoebes had been thrown away so they won't populate our area. Now, we have a total of three cats wandering around our yards morning til night. The other two are Phoebe's constant "playmate". Promiscuous, eh? Well, that's her lovelife.

Anyway, what I am thankful for abour her presence is that snakes may think twice should they wish to invade a territory. One of my nephews told us that he saw a snake swimming in our backyard when it was flooded. I told him that it is impossible since Phoebe and her beaus are usually in that area. If there's any, they'll fight.
As an acknowledgment of her presence, we feed her with leftovers.

******************

Tuesday was set for my interview.

I think I already mentioned it hear that I will be trying my luck in applying for a certain position here in my team.

Knowing me, I know I was able to handle myself well. It was just my third. But as I try to expose myself to greater things, I learn how to deliver myself well, sell myself, praise myself and understand myself.

You know that a journey of thousand miles begins with a single step. I surely am striding my way there. Wherever it is.

I am now waiting for a feedback and if I will be considered for the second interview.

******************

And then another angel was born in the family...

Late last night when my sister-in-law had gave birth to a healthy baby girl. It was totally unexpected since she and my brother was advised by the doctor that the baby will come out on the second week of December. They even went to our neighborhood health center to have her checked. She was also advised that the doctor can already feel the baby's head and that it is in its normal position in the womb.

But my sister-n-law prepared for this baby. She washed old pillows and comforter should the baby arrive soon. My brother kept on reminding his wife not to tire herself.

Until now, I do not know if the baby is premature or not. But she's healthy. They were also thinking that my sister-in-law may have not counted the exact weeks/months when to expect the baby or she really got tired doing chores at home that forced her for an early delivery. But God is good because the baby is safe and healthy.

Contrary to the doctor's prediction, the baby was "suhe" (feet came out first before the head). When she was about to come out, she got stock halfway. When the baby came out, she didn't cry. Everyone inside their house was already worried and sad. My brother said that he already shook his head as sign of helplessness and acceptance. They were prepared to have the delivery in the hospital. Unfortunately, my brother panicked, to think that this his their fifth. Delivery was headed by a midwife who is our relative.

Anyway, my brother sucked the baby's nose and mouth. On his third attempt, the baby finally choked then cried. Then, everyone in their house shouted in merriment.

I wasn't able to see the baby last night since it was already late and there are some people inside the house. I got to see her this morning. I even took pictures of her with my phone. I will have those pictures printed tomorrow.

******************

To end this post, it was my first time to pick a "quote for the day" note from a box inside Sto. Nino de Paz Chapel in Greenbelt. The quote goes, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Mt. 5:16

Christ's fight must shine through our lives, and the deeper the darkness, the brighter that light must be.

Hmm, my blog has this same message which I haven't replaced yet in months. Look somewhere at the bottom of my sidebar.

Cheers for the coming weekend!


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:30 PM