Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hey, Shawty! 'Twas My Birthday!!!
5pm
Music: Time Machine - Juan Pablo Dream


I had three cakes for my birthday...

... birthdays are not complete without one. But I had three. Well, that's just me.

One for my lola and my relatives, one for my family and one here in the office. A chiffon marble something, a choco cappuccino delight and a black forrest party cake.

Of course, on my personal, I went treating myself with material stuff. I don't want to call it shopping since I didn't hop from one store to the other. I already figured days before where to get the things I want for my birthday.

But before you envy me of my new stuff :bleh:, let me give you a rundown of the treats I had that started Oct. 5th, a Wednesday.

10.05 (Wed) : One of my teammates already spoiled the surprise that was waiting for me. I knew there was already something but not in details. After I opened my company mail, I saw several messages and one of 'em came straight from my manager located somewhere in the US. It was a complete and a stress releiver at the same time. Almost three years of my existence here, this is the first time received such. But I am not complaining. Everyone is working hard with or without praises. Still, it is something to think about during "down" times. You know what I mean.

10.06 (Fri) : From my remaining 18 1/2 leave credits, I used one for this day. I intentionally did not tell my mom that I was on leave. This is my personal time. My mom might just ask me to stay home and wait for our clothes to dry on the clothesline.

I used my Maxicare card in my trip to the dentist. Same clinic where I had cleaning and filling last year but different dentist. I went to Team Manila's main office after to buy my first shirt from the company. I got two for myself, one for my sister and a set of button pins. I headed to Robinson's Place Manila afterwards. I was particularly looking for this store that sells vintage shirts with prints like the Beatles and Bioman. Unfortunately, even the guards had no idea where it is. A friend mentioned that it is somewhere in the second level. Zigzaged my way in all level but found none. I settled for a polo from Cinderella. It was a good buy. The store is onsale. And I got mine with a whapping 50% off. It was P692 before. Do the math on how much I paid. It was pink with some blue and white lines. Mainly pink. This is my dare to myself until my next birthday comes. I should be able to wear the colors that I find off to me. Yellow, red, violet, pink... as long as the shirt looks good on me. But I am not joining the pink-wearing crowd in the metro. I also got Bob Ong's "ABNKKBSNPLA ko?!" from Powerbooks. I started reading it last Sunday and finished it yesterday. I am not proud that I finished reading it that quick but I like the way I covered the book with a plastic cover. It was neat. And securing it from water spills, ink stains and lizard droppings mean I value the book. Naks.

It was nice to drop by that mall again. I think the last time I went there was with some of my college buddies. We were supposed to meet with the rest but only a few showed up. We just had some chit chats then went home after an hour. I think it was year 2004.

After I tired myself from walking, I headed to my next destination - Ayala Center. It took me awhile to decide where to buy these white chucks I am wearing now. SM? Any of the shoe salons in Glorietta? Parksquare? Landmark? Market price is just the same from one mall to the other. I was just thinking whom shall profit from me this time. Hehe. So, I settled on that last mall mentioned.

It was still early. I didn't want to go home at that time. So, I checked some other stuff that I want to get my mom. Though some stalls are on sale, none looked beautiful.

Another thing I bought was the "I luv UST" button pin from Papemelrotti, for obvious reasons.

Rewind the hours before I set foot in the dentist's clinic. I almost forgot to mention this.

On my way up the escalator coming from the chapel, a man approached me and asked for directions. He was looking for Ayala Museum. I told him to go up then, on the corner, he will see one entrance there. I was following him but he still seemed confused. As we reached the top of the escalator, he turned his back and asked me again where it is. He was pointing somewhere. I told him that he may use the entrance I just told him or check the one downstairs. I even offered to walk with me since I am headed that way also. He suddenly remembered that he used the door downstairs before. So, he thanked me then went down again using the escalator near the said entrance.

Another story was on the conceirge area of Medical Plaza. I told the receptionist where I was going. In exchange of their buidling ID, I gave my college alumni ID. I don't usually surrender my most recent ID since receptionists just clip something on my ID that eventually scratches its surface. So, why not give them an old one? After I handed my card, she said, "Champion, ah!" Her remark didn't register that quick. But I smiled after I recalled that it was about UAAP.

I usually celebrate my birthday on the day before my actual birthday. Since I was on leave, I celebrated it two days before my actual birthday. Hehe. I can break my own rules. :p

10.07 (Saturday) : I did grocery shopping earlier than my usual. I was able to finish this before lunchtime. Then, I cooked luch after - fried liempo marinated with Mama Sita's barbeque sauce and lots of calamansi juice.

I was carrying a bottle of Coke 1.5L on my way to my lola's house. I also stopped by one of the buko juice vendors who are scattered along the highway to buy two fresh coconut. I picked what to prepare. Juices were separated from its meat. (My lola just freezes these. Then, it's ready to be served. As they say, best served chilled.) Then, I'm off to go to my mom's hometown.

Before taking the trike, I stopped by Goldilocks bakeshop to buy them a cake. I got the one I marbled chiffon (I actually forgot what it was called. But more than the cake, it was the icing that drowned my taste buds. Too buttery.)

I lounged in their house for about three hours before deciding to go home. Again, I bought another cake. This time for my family. It was an ice cream cake.

10.08 (Sunday) : I was officially 25. Quiet moment. But I didn't even try to make that I-am-important drama. I am usually quiet whenever something special to me happen.

Lunch was not grand but was a favorite - sinigang na baboy sa sampalok.

10.09 (Monday) : Not my birthday anymore but my childhood friend's, Erik. I was still on leave. I fixed my SSS id. Now, all I have to wait is three months before its release. Then, I'll be some amount richer. I am making a loan soon. But do not loan that loan I am loaning, uki? They're all selfishly mine.

Anyway, after I finished some paper works, I dropped by our church. Unfortunately, my former teacher and school principal's wake has ended. I wasn't able to share the moment. (This should be a happy post. I'll definitely make one for this any time soon).

I bought a string of sampaguita and camia.

As much as I controlled myself, the stalls selling pirated/ burned cds did not escape my wanting. I browsed through local and international artists. It is bad to patronize these things. But money is such a big deal. I have a set of original, pirated and burnt ones. But in my collection of OPM artists, it must be all original. Unfortunately, I broke my own regulation. I got some indie albums. But these albums are nowhere found in the market. So, I didn't have the choice but to buy them. (Sorry, Imago. Your first album that's currently burning in my boombox is pirated. But your second and third album which I plan to buy this coming yuletide season will be original. But I love that debut album though it's somewhat stolen from you.)

I went back home around 11am. I just had some pieces of bread and slices of luncheon meat for lunch. I became tired and lazy. I slept for about an hour. I woke up with a wet shirt and a headache. Must've been the weather.

Now, I am back to work. I feel relieved, alive, well-rested. An ordinary vacation from work but it was much needed.

Here, before I end this. I have these sms from some of my friends. If the message came from an email or friendster message, it's indicated for accuracy.

... advanced happy birthday din sayo... - Joms, 3rd week of Sept

Happy bday! - Margaux, Oct 04, 10:30pm

Sent on 10.07 (Saturday)

Happy Birthday ARNOLD! :) - Drake, 11;32am

Belated hapi bday. Libre naman. - Mayk, 7:22pm

Barnold, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) I wish you all the best in life. God bless n take care always. :) - John, 8:09pm

Life is full of beautiful things... soft sunrise... cool winds... pretty flowers... love and laughter... quiet moments... & good people like you. Happy bday! - Ate Cristy, 9:18pm

Happy bday nold!.. God bless u - Goldi, 11:40pm


Sent on 10.08 (Sunday)

Happy bday bro! - Bern, 6:51am

Brotherhood arnold! :) maligayang bati sau! :) sna mramdamn namn ang burpday mu! He,he.. wish u gud health , hapines nd peace f mind! :) God bless! :) - 0915***5334, 7:58am

Happr birthday barnold! :) - Joms, 11:47am

Barnold, happy birthday! :) - Bunny, 2;50pm

Barnold, HAPPY birthday!God bless! :) - John, 5;11pm

Happy birthday - AC, 7:49pm

Nold pksabi sa momy na agahan bukas. Maaga din kamo aalis si alice. andito sya. thanks... hapi bday?. - Tito Bobby, 8:14pm

Happy birthday seatm8! Wish u ol d best in lyf! :) - Chiela, 8:34pm

ei hapi bday mahal... :) sori bz me d2 hosp eh kya ngyn lng me nktxt, i luv n miz yah so mch. :) - Roselyn, 9:27pm

cz u opNd dz, u wL b ksSd on Fri by urluv. DNT BRK D CHAIN!ur cRsh L aSk u out.2m wL b d bSt dy of urlyf. f u dnt sNd dS 2 20ppl b4 12mn bD lck n ur luvlyf... - Ronch, 10:28pm (I suppose this is a birthday greeting. Pero ba't nakakatakot ang dating?)

Hey arn! Hapi bday.. Hehe.. - Kim, 11:01pm


Sent on 10.09 (Monday)

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... happy birthday happy birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO YOOUU! God bless! :) - Bryan, 2:10am



These are from my friendster's inbox


Subject: RE: ei! ...anyway, ADVANCED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! baka nidi na kita ma-greet sa sunday, toxic ako sa trabaho even during sundays... - Bern, October 5, 2006 10:4 AM

SUbject: .. happy birthday! - Chito, October 8, 2006 8:57 AM

Subject: ... happy birthday po - Hans, October 8, 2006 7:41 PM

Subject: Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Hi Arnold!

Happy Birthday! san party? hehehehehehehe

Melina, October 9, 2006 10:3 AM


From the office mail:

happy birthday!!!!!
always take care!
thanks a lot!!! - Mara, Oct 8th, 1:43pm


From our support site's tagboard:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARNOLD!!!! - Agnes

Arnold Belated Happy Birthday!!! - Cynthia


Thanks to all my friends, who I am seeing alot and not quite alot (hehe). Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Don't be pissed if I didn't reply via text or mail or any type of messaging. I have time but less access. And when it comes to phones, I have no load. Yes, poor me. I still have no load up until today.

So, to the ones who've been texting me with no info in my phone but just meer numbers, I will get back to you as soon as I have.. ehem.. load.

As my years progress, they turn even more special.

(My friendster bulletin...

Title: birthday tenchus! :X

Salamat sa lahat ng nag-text, nag-message dito sa friendster at sa mga nasa PEx.

I have yet to check my ym and blog. baka meron din dun, eh.

basta salamat kina

Melina: sana inom ulit tayo pero sana wag nang mangulit yung lasing, kilala mo na yun.

to Kuya hans, Chito, Bern, Bunny, John, joms, chiela, ac, margaux, drake, kim, mara, teammates, classmates sa college and high school, yung unknowns na nag-text. text ko kayo pag may load na ko para malaman ko kung sino kayo, goldi, teammates ulit, ronch maski na weird ang chain text na pinadala mo, to God and Mama Mary, to my guardian angels, at sa mga kaluluwang lumilisaw sa paligid,

sa mga nabahagian ko ng cake, sana nasarapan kayo kasi minsan lang talaga ko mag-treat.

It's been 25 years. But i still look young. kanina lang tinatawag akong "boy" ng kunduktor sa bus. haha!

thanks yous agains. God bless you all.

ciao!)


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:50 PM