Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, October 30, 2006

Well-prepared for Paeng
4:58pm
LSS: The song with the lyrics, "Hold on to the night, hold on to the memory..." cheezy song on a rainy afternoon

From inq7.net, super typhoon Paeng has left Luzon. This should be a good news and a new hope for a sunny day tomorrow.

But before this storm hit the Philippine Area of Responsibilities, some blog entry-deserving things took place over the weekend.

For the past weeks, I've been doing my grocery rounds on a weekend morning. And from my grocery basket last Saturday, a couple of new things went in. One is that small Lady's Choice sandwich spread that my mom requested; and 5 variands of Quaker instant oatmeal.

I replaced my box of full cream milk for a pack of oatmeal that I must consume for 5 straight days. I was comparing the nutrition facts at the back of their labels. I will still favor what milk has to offer. But I also like to try oatmeal. So, now I have Friut Favourites (Strawberry, Banana & Honey), Bakery Favourites (Honey Hazelnut, Cinnamon Roll) and Nutri Plus - Vanilla, which I took in last night. The aroma was good. But it was like eating baby food. I almost wanted to spit it out. But a pack costs me at least 10 bucks. And I do not want to waste money and food at the same time, so I swalled everything in helplessly. I just keep telling myself that what I was eating is nutritious though I am not enjoying it. Well, 1 down 4 to go. I hope the other flavors taste better.

Also from that trip in the supermarket, I picked the things that I need for cooking. I intended to cook pochero for our lunch. And because I am serious creating my pochero a la arnold, I followed the recipe that I copied from pinoycook.net. Unfortunately, no sweet corn supply in that supermarket for weeks. So, I had no choice but to drop that recipe and switch to something else: tinola.

After arriving home, I found out that my brother's former girlfriend is dropping by the house. So, my mom prepared the house while my sister cooked our lunch.

She finally arrived. But lunch was still on the way to be done. We just had some snacks on lunchtime. We ate the bread I bought from Red Ribbon last Friday night. I was a little confused for the reason why she was dropping by since my brotehr has a new girlfriend, whom I've met twice in our house.

My mom has that usual question and answer portion which I did hear (And I didn't plan to hear). And I do not meddle with my sibling's relationships. With this, I am not disclosing anything that I know... bleh!

Anyway, it was me who cooked our dinner. Again, it was my version of Guinisang Monggo from pinoycook.net. The only difference I did on the food was soaking the monggo beans for just an hour. I didn't follow the instruction religiously. But it tasted okay.

Lunch the next day was another recipe from Nestle's website. It is called Sinarabasab. I cannot explain why such a name but you can go check what it is made of from their site.

This next one is not about food. But if you love exotic dining, you might to consider this.

A small, fat frog has been going back an forth in our house. Sometimes, I will see it in our sink. Sometimes, in our living room. This morning I found it on our sofa, lying beside my bag. I tried throwing it outside but for some reason, it finds its way back to our house. Hmmm...

******************

I had this petty "interrogation" which a church person yesterday afternoon.

Two ladies bothered us while we were watching tv. One lady said that they were asking for some donation.

It was my habit to ask for a copy of a permit approved by our baranggay captain allowing them to make the rounds in our baranggay. Stupid me forgot to ask that paper that time.

So, I asked where is their church located. She said, "Sa kabayanan (in the town proper).."

I thought that the people from the Cathedral do not necessarily travel to places asking for monetary help. Besides, our place is the farthest among all the baranggays in our town. So, why the hell they always choose our area?

I gave the lady a weird look? I asked again, "Saan po? (Where?)" She repeated, "Basta sa bayan... (Somewhere within the town...) *a short pause* ...sa Canalate (in Canalate)" Fact: Canalate is a baranggay that is very close to the heart of the town. One can even walk from the Cathedral to this place.

I asked another question. "Ano pong religion nyo? (What's your religion?)" She said, "Christian..." I followed up with the question, "Pa'no pong Christian? Born-again Christian?" She replied, "Christian.." I asked again, "Pa no po? (what kind?)" She kept silent for a few seconds. Then she admitted, "Born again Christian. Pero that's how other people call it.But it's Christian." I told her, "Catholics are Christians... I was just asking." Then, I left to get some spare coin.

[Duh! I remember my Religion class in primary school. Everyone who believes in Christ are Christian. Same goes with people who glorify Buddhah. They're Buddhist. I just don't understand why you can't tell me your sect. Plus, it was in your banners and stickers that you call your organization as born-again Christians. I have good friend who belong to this group but they do not act this weird when asked about their religion. I knew it that this might be some kind of syndicate. Why? Another group of people went to my friend's house asking for... you guessed it right, some financial help for their church. The only difference was that they were giving some entertainment playing the guitar and singing, "Narda." Once this same thing happened. But my friend's grand father was able to expel these evil. Their excuse for asking money was that they were celebrating a feast in their baranggay. And I am sure that you guessed what was their baranggay. Yep, Canalate. My friend's grandfather told these people that their fiesta was yesterday. They left the yard dumbfounded.]

I went back to give their envelope with my P5 donation. She said, "God bless you." I replied with a, "That's okay" answer. But I was looking at her straight in the eyes. She was bowing her head.

I am not saying that 5 bucks is nothing. I work hard for every cent that I earn. And for these people whom I do not trust and use the name of teh Lord in vain to gain something is really, really bad. Anyway, God bless them, too.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:41 PM