Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

When Good Becomes Better
4:58pm
Music: Sumayaw - Chillitees



I'll update you first on the things that I did these past two weeks.

Alright, last, last Saturday I cooked Hinalog, a chicken and tomato sauce-based, which I got from del monte kitchenomics. The only difference I did was to add Pechay Baguio. It looked like pochero.

Friday, I bought a flat iron. Also, a shirt from bench which I immediately liked for it's "emo" feel. I'm not emo, though.

Just this Saturday, I made chicken hash. From the recipe I copied online, one of the ingredients is a small carrot. But when I looked down the last cooking step, it mentioned to let the potato cook until fork-tender. From that confusion, I put the two veggies in it. I must admit that I suck in sauteing.


Later in the afternoon, I made maja maiz. I messed up combining the ingredients. After a cup of conrstarch has been dissolved in water, coconut milk and cream-style corn should be added next before bringing it to heat. But I added sweetened condensed milk instead. The can of milk was already half empty when I realized that I wasn't following the procedure. But that mistake didn't cause any damage. I actually made a good one as per my family members who tried it.

Little by little, I am learning.

******************

6:47pm

I stopped thinking about something to write because I was hungry. As I finish my cheeseburger, I now continue. My Spanish sardines and 1 cup of rice lunch wasn't enough. Well, who do you think will ever be contented with those?

Plus, I am a little sick. Since Sunday, my back has been hurting. Perhaps, due to stress and restlessness. I already came from my rest days but that doesn't feel like it. I think I have another sore throat and nasal problem.

Anyway, I got a text message last Saturday night from an unknown sender. But it seemed that the sender knows me for the he/she addressed me with my nickname. The sender was asking me if I aleady visited Hapon. She was confirming if the person is my friend before revealing to me that he is already dead.

I wandered who the sender was referring to. At least two gentlemen in my neighborhood has that name. One is my childhood friend and the other was my friend's brother-in-law. I told myself that this couldn't be my childhood friend because he seemed well when I attended his daughter's christening.

I figured that it should be the other Hapon. I know that this person is suffering from diabetis. But it is still too soon for he is young.

I asked my sister the next day if there's anybody dead within our area. And I was right.

I wasn't able to condole with his family . But I promise that I will pray for the eternal repose of his soul.

******************

I didn't make it to the final cut for the position I applied for.

I am fine. I am not expecting a promotion within this year. I just gave it a shot.

Final interviews had been conducted. The new supervisor might take over within this week. My support to whoever he/she will be. But I feel he will be a he. Still, I prefer he to be a she. I currently have two persons in my mind. And both I know. Yet, I am not losing hope on my teammate/friend who is also part of the final cut, where the list of promotables will come from.

I am genuinely okay. I wanted to check how it feels to be interviewed again and what questions are usually asked so that I am well prepared next time.

I have two questions in my mind now: If I was chosen, what will I do next? Now that I am not chosen, what will I do next?

Both questions are still unanswerable.

I know that I am not as ready as the others, perhaps. My life has been consumed by this call center thing, to think that I am in the morning shift. What more if I will be in graveyard? Also, I have other plans which are not related to this line of business. An indie movie and indie band. Kapal. Hindi, seryoso.

But of course, after learning that I was not endorsed for a final interview made me think about how I fair the intial interview. Did I answer non sense or out of this world ones? That's basically it. After laying your cards to the one who interviewed you and learning that you didn't make it makes me tell myself that I should've not told this or that.

I've always considered myself as an underdog, a low-profiled one. You know how triumph feels when its the underdog who prevails, right? Not yet for this underdog this time. At least I tried. Failing is more acceptable than not trying at all.

Now, another position is knocking on my door again. I am waiting for signs for the nth time. But I am quite hesitant in applying. Not that I was traumatized but because of the responsibilities and pay for that position.

Actually, I am more excited for the coming holidays for my account than that promotion. I am gearing up for it.

Moreso, I am looking forward to a number of things next year.

******************

Here's a Bible passage that I picked from a bin in the Greenbelt chapel:

"Ang kahoy na matatag ang pagkakatayo ay hindi nauuga ng lindol, gayundin naman ang pusong sagana sa magagandang payo ay matatag sa sandali ng pangangamba." Sirach 22:16

******************

As of 7:37pm, "Your account is currently moving to Blogger in beta.
You will get an email when your move is complete." ang message ng blogger sakin. Baka bukas ko na siguro to ma-post. Tsk. Nag-upgrade pa kasi ko, eh. Ano bang benepisyo neto bukod sa halong feature gaya ng sa wordpress? Kung kelan ka nga naman magpo-post, oo. Naku.

Anyway, I am itching to get a copy of Joss Stone's Soul Session (pero baka ito o isang poetry book ang hilingin ko sa Pasko pag mag exchange gift kami sa office), Imago's Take 2 and Blush, Chillitees' Extra Rice and Sound's Bossa Manila. Nakatanggap na nga ako ng email sa sound na sa gigs na lang available ito. Kasi nga naman 2003 pa 'to lumabas. Hindi naman ako ma-gigs na tao at isa pa, wala akong kasamang mag-gigs. Pa'no kaya yun? Pero lalabas na yung sophomore album nila by Nov 29th. Baka yun pa ang una kong mabili. Bili din kayo, a. Support Original Pilipino Music. No to piracy. (For Pinoy artists, at least.)

Ayan, ayan teka. Pede na ata akong mag-post. wait a minute.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 7:43 PM