Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Yesterday (All My Trouble Seems So Far Away)
post ended at 7:34pm


Out of nowhere yesterday, while I was waiting for my shift to end, recollections of my first road trip to Quezon popped in.

I wasn't able to blog that yesterday so I am doing it now. "Access" is too lousy. I mean, it's the pc. Sloooooowwww. Anyway, I hope that the idea's still there.

It was a cancelled school day when me and my college friends went there. I remember that there was a nationwide transportation strike so classes were suspended. Since most of us will not be allowed by our parents to go to the province, lies went here and there. But not me. I know I will be allowed but I still lied. I think I said that I am doing some school project. I just didn't tell the truth because my mom will nag me until I leave the house for that trip. The rest of my friends told their parents that it will be a recollection, a field collection, a major subject field trip. But I do not suggest that you lie, dear reader.

Though we've beaten Pinnochio on this league, everything still went fine and nothing traumatizing happened. Thank goodness.

I know I've posted some pictures of that trip somewhere here. Check my archives if you're tolerant with pop ups (Oh! I hate those pop ups in my page. How can I get rid of those?).

What lingered in my thought yesterday was the night that we drank lambanog at the terrace of my friend's aunt. After finishing gin-po (gin-pomelo, which I hate but I had no choice.), my friend who has relatives there brought in some lambanog, a native wine, placed inside a plastic bag used in making ice.

Only three of us, two girls - Alex and Prezy and a boy - me, shared that local drink. The rest either dozed off already or thrown up after the first liquor. I also felt guilty because one of my best buds, Joms, puked because he cannot say not to me as I insisted to take as much gin-po as he can. But I am not a B.I. (bad influence). It's just for fun and good times. Again, nothing bad happened during that trip.

We were there at the terrace drinking, smoking (I do, ocassionally.) and sharing some thoughts about life as the moon hid behind banana leaves and my friend's uncle's pet monkey made some noise ans spit on us ocassionally.

I miss it. With or without a fluid to trigger someone to share what he/she thinks, I want good conversation. The type that makes me feel that I have known someone better, in a deeper level; built rust and had not taken life too seriously.

The next day, we all hurriedly took a bath for we need to rush back to our own homes.

Two bathrooms were not enough in a good of more than ten. So, we boys went exhibitionists. We basked in water from a hose outside the house, near a pig pen, with pails, basins. We were like kids playing in the rain. But as we scrubbed here and soapped there, some of my friend's aunts and cousins were watching. It wasn't kinky. It was shameful to be watched.

I miss that split second craziness. One act that you will do in an instant without hesistations.

Apart from my Quezon recollection, I also went sentimental by thinking about the early days when I got hooked in blogging. ALmost everyday, I post something. My shift then is the same as now. Usually, I come up with an idea when the rest of the morning peeps already ended their shifts and went home. No distraction (haha!). I can concentrate more during downtimes and during dusk (this is the the time when the sun is about to bid good night, right?). Nighttime has a big effect on me (But no way am I going to be in graveyard shift.).

As I end this post, I will again share a Bible passage which I picked from the box in the Greenbelt Chapel.

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and work with your hands.. so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." Thess. 4:11-12


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 7:34 PM