Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Friday, December 01, 2006

Istambay
6:41pm
Music: Uh oh! - 1Tym


This blog entry's title is taken from the print of one of those shirts that I purchased from the two-day sale of TeamManila.

Yep. I went spendin' that same day of my pay day yesterday. That explains that I still have money fresh from the machine. I got up early from bed for two reasons: 1.) to go to TeamManila's studio before the rest of its followers troop they're way there; and 2.) not to be late at work after that shopping because yesterday marks the last day of this award in the office for those people who did not get late from Nov 2005 - Nov 2006. I am still in the running. Bow.

Anyway, I've got five shirts. Four for me and one for my sister. And boy, was I so delighted of their designs. I plan to wear one of 'em in our company's Christmas party.

But my splurging is not the whole point of my blog post title.

My load expired yesterday. And I believe I still had at least 25 text messages free from the 30 bucks load that I had. I always do not want to waste them.

I tried to call three of my closest friends. I called John twice. "Unattended and out of coverage area" was the message I got. I called in Joms but I didn't even get any message or a ring. I then, called in Kookai twice. Her phone rang but no one answered. So, I passed and thought of some friends to contact. As I was walking along walkway, Kookai called me. But she already hang up after I answered. It took me awhile to realize that my phone was ringing. Perhaps, I should change my ringtone for the song that I am currently using as my phone call alert has a long intro (Stonefree's Listen).

Anyway, I called her up when I was already in Glorietta. She gladly answered the phone. She's inviting me over at her house any day of my rest day to update ourselves with each other. If I drop by her place, I need to tag along another college friend/classmate/kababayan, Xixa, who just lives somewhere in the area.

I miss making tambay (Uy, konyo. making tambay. I think the word came from standby. But it means hangout in English.) You know, hours just past by talking to some friends, fooling around, gossiping, bullying each other, "exorcising" the one with a bad element within him/her or just making tambay. The very sense of the word. Perhaps, doing nothing. But the presence of one assures the other that they are having the best time.

Hanging out anywhere comfortable. Sitting. Standing. Eating. These are only the icing on the cake. It's always the conversation that we all are after.

But you know, it is now hard to find time for this because of our busy schedules. That's why I admire those people who can still find time for this. An hour or two of dinnes or coffee or nightout would mean at least a week of vacation with their friends.

I think this post will be it. I am a little distracted here in the office. I will just leave three quotes that struck me today. The first two I got, as usual, from the Chapel after I dropped by yesterday and today. The other was from an olde blog post from my friend, Mitch.


"Happy the man who has placed his trust in the Lord and has not gone over to the rebels who follow false gods." - Psalm 40



"I will maintain My covenant with you and your descendants after you throughtout the ages as an everlasting pact." - Genesis 17:7



Friendship, is trust. It is the conviction that you can let yourself be important to another. If we allow ourselves to be important to others, in turn we allow them to make demands upon us. When this happens we are confident that the other person will not take advantage of us or exploit us. One is sure that one is giving himself to a friend who will not betray our trust.

- a verse from one of Mitch's journal entry


Happy weekend. And I hope Reming did not hit you that much.



PS.

I am retaining my old style. I am removing the title bar on my settings for I dislike my post once posted. I do not like the title to be in the middle and I have no idea how to move it on the left.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 7:19 PM