Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, November 27, 2006
Whew! Me Happy!

5:44pm
Music: I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) - John Mayer
(This will be my first post after editing my blog settings. I now have a built in title space.)


I broke off to my usual self last Friday night. After contemplating what to buy myself as my very own Christmas gift for me, I finally gave in to Lee's X-Line Lo-slim jean.

I went fitting at SM. But the style that I wanted was already soldout. The one that the stall have there was in black shade. I was looking for the dark blue one.

Think. Think. Mustgetitnow. But it was already out of stock. I asked the saleslady if she has a way of finding out if their boutique at the other mall has it. She said she has none.

I went back to that mall and got in the store. The jeans I was looking for is there. I tried it on. It looks okay, I tell you. I was just a little conscious of the fitting since I am not used to wearing such style. Regular cut jeans are the way to go. But this has more attitude. The saleslady from the boutique told me that the one I tried is their best seller. But the black one I tried earlier has the best fitting as observed by their customers. I figured the same. I liked how the black jean fitted than the blue one. But I like blue over black this time.

I went ahead and debited my card.

But before I had the jean, my first stop was Music 1. There were so many cds that I wanted to buy. But of course, I need to control that urge. I successfully grab just one from chillitees.

My card was used also on this for I am entitled for a 10% discount. It is always wise to take advantage of discounts especially if one really intends to buy the item.

Also, there are lots of Bossa album done by OPM artists, new and otherwise, in the racks. And most of them share/ revived same songs. But it is as cool to me as what happened to the acoustic craze a couple of years back. Revivals. A sort of an breather.

When shopping, I usually spend at least an hour thinking if I should really purchase the item I am holding or thinking to buy. But if I thought about it weeks ago, I surely will buy it. But I also like my ocassional sudden impulse a la panic buying. Sometimes, I see something in an instant and right then and there, I already have it bagged for me to take home. But that is just sometimes. I am still tight when buying stuff for myself.

To end my shopping extravaganza, I am thinking of also getting that black jean. Damn me.

I was in a hurry for I do not want to be left by the bus going home. And I was lucky that it took me about 10 minutes to get on the last trip.

The bus was almost halfway occupied. Other passengers hopped in when we reached a certain mall. And one of those passengers was my high school classmate, Raymond. I already saw him approaching, along with the rest, looking for a seat. I do not have a seatmate at that time. But I had tow plans: 1. Pretend that I did not see him and force myself to be sleeping; and 2. Just greet him and look outside the window.

I am not a snob. I just do not know how to start a conversation to a person whom I haven't spoken and seen for nearly 4 years, I think.

But when he saw me, he already had that big smile. Yes, with a big smile. What's the use of calling him "guila" back in high school. Hehe. But I did not greet him to make fun of him. He stopped beside my seat and said he will sit next to me. My bag and my paper bag was on the other seat. I just transferred there, right next to the window. He even joked, "Ayaw mo pa ata akong katabi, ah."

As the bus went onto our destination, we just talked about work, former classmates, renting an apartment and hold up crimes.

It was pretty interesting to get updated by the happening on a former classmates life, so to speak.

The next day, I planned to try I recipe that I just copied online before I went on a rest day.

But my version of Bicol's Pride didn't taste good. For the first time, I didn't like my cooking.

Though Saturday wasn't great for me trying so hard to be a cook, my new cd balanced my disappointment. And I am not talking about my Chillitees cd, which I am still currently enjoying. I am referring to the Close Up Christmas mini CD. I finally have it after searching for it in grocery, drug and convenience stores after its commercial has been shown on tv.

I had not taken any rest over the weekend. Usually, I go sleep in the afternoon. But I wasn't able to. The next day, Sunday, I went to the town proper to buy something. Hmp, I've been cashing out a lot. But you, it's the time of the year. Anyway, I was looking for a belt. Those cheap ones that you see on the sidewalk. I was just surprised that those trendy ones that usually sell in malls for roughly 300 bucks are sold here for 50 bucks only. That 250% cheaper.

Apart from that, I went to the chapel and lit a candle. I was looking for a sampaguita vendor but there was none. I also went ahead and bought 5 cds. Sorry, by the pirated kind. International artists. I just had the itch. I just want to review those albums. I also bought some bread for snack at home.

When I arrived home, I ate one mongo roll from Julie's, where I got the bread. My mom told me that she hasn't eaten lunch yet. I checked the clock and it was already 4pm. I know she likes to have a softdrink with her lunch. I looked for ice in stores nearby but found none. I went to my nephew's house and asked if they sell one. It's only my 7-yr old nephew and 5-yr old niece in there watching dvd. My nephew asked me where am I going to use ice. I said that it was to make a juice. He said that he will go to our house. I told him that I have Coke back home. I both took them to the other store to look for ice. Later, I brought them in the house to share our snack. Then, we played "dama," a board game almost similar to chess, after. He was insisting that I play chess with him. But poor me doesn't know how. So, we settled for a "dama" match. I didn't even win. It was a draw.

It was nice to spend time with kids. Not taking a nap in the afternoon is okay for I had a great time with those "kulit" moments with my brother's kids.

Later that day, in the evening, I attended my other niece Gabby. My siblings already left home for Manila. And her mom was preparing her dinner. It was hard to pacify kids when they insist to get what they want. It was also tiring playing with them just to make them laugh. You know kids when they get bored.

She was holding a small wallet with 2 25 cents coins in it. I was playing with that. Then, I thought of scaring her using the wallet. I opened its zipper and held it across its opening. Imagine the opening to be a mouth of a puppet or fish. As I move the improvised lips, I was also talking with a husky voice. If you are familiar with Studio 23's PDA and PBB, you will know the funny mascot, Pining, who talks like a bereaved newscaster. My niece is afraid of that mascot for the shows features it biting other people. If you have no clue what I am talking about, better check the show out on Saturdays at 6:30pm.

My rest days seemed to be pretty long. Not that I just lounged around nor dozed off. I know I've done something productive. I am still nursing two bruises from last last weeks tree trimming. Now, I have another which I got from cooking. But thinking about the next pair of jeans that me wants takes this pain away. Haay.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:52 PM