Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, July 03, 2006

A Toast
5:36pm
LSS: Baby, Now That I Found You - Allyson Krauss (Loud music in one of Enterprise's food stalls)


Friday night was a breather.

It felt like I had a vacation from all the things I've been thinking of from my almost 3 years in this company. Finally, I met some of my former teammates again.

In an instant where a nod and a text message would mean a yes for an organized dinner, the meeting place was Gerry's Grill just right beside our building. It was not that organized, though since a mischevous smile meant, "I may not come... Or I'll try."

Before I ended my shift, Ronch went back to the office to say that Mitch and Melina are already there. Mitch has two other companions, her boyfriend and a best friend. After I logged off, I waited for Goldi for a few seconds so I have someone with me going there. Liza didn't show up but she promised to be back after settling some phone issues. It was my first time to go to that restaurant's branch. We spent a few minutes looking for them in dim light.

When we approached their table, four of our friends/teammates were there- Aisah, Melina, Mitch and Ronch. They were done eating dinner but there were leftovers. I ate a little of fried rice and sisig. Then, went on talking with them.

It was sad that Aisah had to leave a few minutes after our arrival, followed by the exit of Mitch and company half an hour after. Then, Goldi has to bid goodbye also for she has to finish her shift.

When us three, Melina, Ronch and me, were left, we moved to the smoking area for obvious reasons. They smoke and I don't.

I just don't know how to describe or summarize the conversations we had. I was less reserved for I was talking unlike before. I was a bit noisy laughing and exchanging "how are you's?".

I set myself to leave at 11pm. It was moved to 11:20pm. Then, to 12mn. We left the place a little over 12. I had two bottles and something bottles of San Mig light. I was okay with 2. But Ronch filled my glass with another. So, I am not sure how much I drank that night. Oh, plus I had a can and a half of Coke. There's Sushi and Ginaatang Kuhol on the side.

With all these good time, I only spent a hundered bucks. Huh! I think Ronch spent the most. Probably because he was already drunk and would care to spend his pay (It was pay day the 30th).

Ronch kept on inviting us to his house with his own words, "Hindi ganito na lang. Steady lang tayo samin." Oh, my. Those exact words he uttered inside the bus after taking in 6 cans of beer during our company outing.

It was payday on the day we went out. I spent just a hundred bucks. And I had a very meaning nightout. (First time there and my first here in Makati though I am working here. Now, I know what I had been missing all along.)

[Sorry, no pictures of that night :( ]

******************

Congratulations to Pacquiao, Amansot, Penalosa and Jaca for winning the Pacquiao vs Larios: Mano-A-Mano Philippines vs Mexico bout.

It was weird when I was watching all the fights on tv. As Manny was called to the ring, I had goosebumps and a teary eye. Sense of patriotism and nationalism sunk in. Weird but uplifting.

******************

It was my first time to taste a Rattan fruit. It tasted a bit like sinegwelas but more sour than calamansi.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:28 PM