Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Friday, June 30, 2006

2 Rants, A Rave and A Bigger Rant
5:13pm

It slipped my mind that it was our barrio's fiesta last June 28-29.

I was aware that there were some collections made by certain groups to raise funds for whatever the plan was. I was partly against this. These people would give one family a quote that they should give. Say 300 bucks. Wtf?! It could even pass as a minimum wage of an ordinary worker. Count all the houses around. Count the families who would give in to their tactics because they feel "ashamed" for not donating a big one.

We have some sort of a carnival which might be running up until early next month. This is common in provinces. So, I am guessing that owners of the rides and the not-so-big-time-gambling-masters would be paying some amount to our officials. weeks before our fiesta was celebrated they were already operating. I guess, they had already paid something. And that something went in "good" hands.

For me, it is not necessary if the fiesta would be big or not. We are just trying to make it grand to beat the other barrio. We are being too commercial. This is not the Maskarra or Pahiyas Festival. Everything was just a show off.

******************

So, part of our public school is being reconstructed. The newly operational classrooms need to be demolished. The fences, too, need to fall. Why? Road widening. Huh! After spending a hefty amount in hollow blocks, cement, labor and paint, those should go down. Bad plan and strategy. who's bright idea was it? Tsk. Tsk. Clear evidence of waste of government fund.

******************

It was my parents' weeding anniversary last, err, June 28? 29? I am not sure about the exact date. But I know it falls either of the two.

My mom has been a widow for 10 years. Yes. She's still single. But I told myself before that if she plans to re-marry, I would allow her to. But I think that would not happen anymore since she's dedicated everything for us four.

I wish I could've given this day to my mom more special and meaningful.

******************

I wish THEM luck. Whatever luck, good or bad. It's THEM.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:44 PM