Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, May 29, 2006

Oceania Aftermath
Music: I Believe - Blessed Union Of Souls

I had a nice time over the weekend.

Three years in the making as I finally decided to join our company outing. With my existence here, I thought I had to be there and experience what HR prepared for us.

It was a two-day (day only) activity. But employees must choose from one of the two set dates. If one chooses to enjoy both days, he has to shoulder the fee for the next day. For me, I think one day is just enjoy.

I was with Goldi and Anne the whole day. When we went inside the bus going to Island Cove in Cavite, we were merely 7 passengers inside. It was funny when we saw the other bus fully loaded. But ours has a lot of space 8 times our number.

Anyway, I am still amazed by Manila Bay. Mall of Asia, Le Pavillion, Tahong Chips store were the ones that also caught my attention. The river(s) though were badly polluted.

After getting off the bus when we reached the resort, a marching band welcomed us along with the employees in charge for the event. The ushers, waiters, waitresses, usherettes, too, were in full force wearing their Filipiniana coustume. We were like tourists (Actually, we were.) being welcomed by some sort of a host or something.

Then came registration. We were given small brown envelopes containing food stubs, voting stubs. maps, etc. And the blue wrist band was also there for us to wear throughout the day to recognize that we are from the company.

We picked our table. Rested for a few minutes. Then, we in for some snacks. There were suman, bibingka (rice cakes), iced tea, taho (bean curd with tapioca and syrup - naks!- ) and water. I thought that brining in some sagalas were a bad idea. But actually, it wasn't. It was just alright just as how town or barrio fiestas are being held in provinces. when some native games started, the three of us decided to take a tour around the place. So, we took advantage of the IC Farm tour package. (Pictures in later post.) And what is a tour without pictures? We had our Canon digicam moments courtesy of Goldi. Let's have a roll call of what's inside. There were horses, ostriches, bear cats, eagles, parrots, butterflies, birds, tigers, geese, ducks, rabbits, snakes, turtles, monkeys, deers and crocodiles.

Those crocodiles freaked me out. On our way out of their haven, I was telling Anne and Goldi to look at the two crocodiles just right below the pathway that we were standing. I was suppose to frighten them. But it was the other way around. I was carrying a back pack. As I turned my back, its strap swayed. In my peripheral view, I thought that one crocodile just jumped and hit the stell fence to my left. So, I blurted a loud, "Whoa!" Haha! And we went laughing.

As we were walking under the scorching heat of the summer sun, one of our teammate and friend, Ronchie, kept on texting and calling me. He decided to just go to the place himself without anybody from the company. I think when he reached the venue, we stood him for about half an hour since we were enjoying ourselves. I kept on telling him that we are about to leave the farm. But we weren't until we felt it's about time to fill up our stomachs again. That was the time he was able to find us. Now, we were four.

Lunch time was also exciting. Again, Filipino food. Hence, the theme of the event. There were soup which tasted like mami, mixed veggies (I think that was pakbet), grilled tilapia, chicken (not fried) and the other meat, manggo and bagoong (shrimp paste) and leche flan.

After eating, we headed to the swimming pool. They call it Oceania. It was big. Around it were chairs and tables reserved for the company. There were videoke machines, too.

Before we dipped in, we had to take a shower. And take note, in the rules in using the pool, it was instructed that we have to scrub ourselves before we take a plunge. (Okay.)

water. Picture. Slide. Sun. A little drizzle. Then, food again. Fish ball stalls were scattered. Lugaw and tokwa came after for our snack. Then, a can of beer. Then, pictures and swimming again.

We left the place past 7pm. Good thing it was that early since Ronchie was already drunk and has just started..err.. nevermind. He was drunk. And I guess, we all know how drunk people are. Fish, Ronch. Steady lang.

I arrived home at around 11pm. It was raining both in Cavite and Makati so I had a hard time getting a ride home.

Wait for the pictures. I had beer but I wasn't drunk. No tongue flipping for me this time unlike the previous one. Hehe.

Patience for the pictures, please.

******************

Therapeutic. Water. Friends. Food. Candid. Strangers. Acquaintances. Drizzle. Sun. Swimwear. Music. Therapeutic.

I think I should relax that way once in a while.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:15 PM