Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Friday, May 05, 2006

Just Listen To My Blog's Music If You Find This Entry Overly Dramatic

Music: Play That Funky Music - Taylor Hicks


I guess all of us feels the same about measuring onself. One's capability, ability, talent, education, habit, personality, character and so on.

Last Wednesday night, I had a text conversation with my cousin. Yesterday morning, I saw someone around Park Square area jumping from one fast food chain to the other to check for job openings.

Too bad that my celfone was with the guard last Wednesday. Perhaps, my cousing sent me a message at daytime. But I only read her message after I claimed my phone to the guard on duty after my shift.

She was already here in our building and was supposed to pass her resume. She was applying. Well, was supposed to but backed out since she has no clue whatsoever. On her text message, she said that she didn't know what to do so she decided not to continue with the application process. I am not sure if she was able to sign something from HR. I asked her that the next time she plans to drop by our office, she must text me the night before so I could meet her up on my breaktime. Then, I'll just brief her on what to do. I also asked if she really intends to go with this kind of business. I added if she wants to pursue a job connected to her degree which is Education.

I told her about applying to a certain school for kids just along EDSA- Ortigas.

The fast food applicant I saw yesterday looked like he came from the province or some slum area in the metro. But that's just me judging him from his looks. He has this clear folder with his resume. And he was looking at a piece of paper posted outside the glass wall of a certain fast food chain.

Know what I figured about my cousin and this guy? I was just like them when I was applying for a job - my first and current one.

I think even there's already that experince, nervousness is still there. Nobody knows what to expect and how things would go through. I even ask myself if I am good enogh to be hired or placed under probation.

Well, some are born confident or brought by the pride they have from what school they graduated from.

Just thinking about the "dreams" and the ambitions of new graduates or those people looking for jobs that they think may better their lives. Just think about that. No matter what kind of decent job we get in just to make ends meet.

I don't know. I may be overly dramatic on this one. But laughing or making fun of other people's dreams or future is quite disrespectful. I just understand how difficult it it today compared to, let's say when I was in high school. In that short span of time, life has been harder eversince.

And I think the most that young people who wants to work could do is to help their family first and sacrifice a little bit of their personal life. Just a little.

I think I am really being over dramatic. I wish both persons well.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:56 PM