Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, May 22, 2006

Quoted
03:13pm
Music: Why Didn't You Call Me - Macy Grey


[begin rant]I am now officially out of our very own office building[/rant]

"Sometimes you have to just forget
the rules, follow your
heart and see where it
takes you...

Never apologize for saying
what you feel because
that's like saying sorry
for being real...

Never regret anything you said
or did because at some
point, it was what you wanted

True strength is being able to
hold it all together when
everyone else is expecting you to
fall apart." - text message from my teammate/friend, Goldi which was sent early last week

To answer this text message, may I quote my college classmate/friend, Xixa.

"You cannot discover new oceans
unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore,
cos only those who risk can tell
how far they can go." - saved in my SIM card 12.11.04 when I decided to change phones in Sept '04. See that this has been in my SIM's memory for quite some time.

I've already admitted somewhere in this blog that I may be already experiencing the so-called "midlife crisis". Yes. Now I am aware. Much, much more aware that in anytime, I might just decide on some things that may save or kill me or both, whichever comes first.

******************

Saturday, May 20, I went to town to pay our electric bill.

Passing through my neighbor's backyard, I overheard one of the teeners there saying, "Lea, meron akong balita... Meron akong pera... Tres..."

For a youngster in her early teens this might be something not that of a great value. These days, where can three pesos bring you? Even a stick of betamax (grilled cow's or chicken's blood in squares) would cause two pesos and the remaining peso could not even buy you a plastic of samalamig (cold water with syrup and tapioca or jelly) or ice tubig (water which is almost in its freezing stage).

As I was walking, I thought of how I was when I was a kid when I have some pennies in my pocket. Sure thing that I would have a single coin or two in a day. I remember that I always buy something edible and the not so edible in the sari-sari stores within the neighborhood. (Yes, I made my self suffer from walking to one store to the other no matter how far they are from each other.) But we are not rich. Just average. Both of my parents had work that time. And I think a one or five pesos a day would not hurt their budget. (School allowance, not included.)

I know that it may not be necessary to buy junk food or small candies or plastic toys and stacks of cards from these stores since I had food and toys at home. But as a kid, I know that there's stage where I would want to buy things even itslife span in my cabinet would be just a few days. Then, I am ready to get something new again.

Probably, three pesos in my time could buy me one Sweet 16 fruit juice and two pieces of hopia. Instant snack. Now, I know junk foods still cost a peso per single pack.

There was just something about the excitement and tone of the voice of my neighbor when I heard her. Simple and small things indeed make someone's day once in awhile.

******************

After settling our electric bill, I browsed through the stalls in a warehouse located at the middle of the town. Cheap clothes, toys, mobile phone accessories, food, pirated stuff, etc may be bought there.

I got three pirated cds (Ooh. I was even promoting to buy original cds/vcds/dvs. But I am on a tight budget. And original albums of international singers cost twice and sometimes thrice from our locals.) for a hundred bucks.

I took the back door to go to the next warehouse and check for a bracelet that I was actually looking for, more than anything. As I was about to cross the street, a sidewalk vendor with loads of vcds in his rack called my attention with his yelling,

"Suki! Suki! May bago ako... bold!"

Yes. He was referring to me. Of course, I got confused why he tried to grab my attention in that manner. I gave him a confused look but also got ashamed because there were a number of people also browing through the sidewalk bargains. I just smiled and pretended I've heard nothing.

Haay, people these days. (I swear I've never bought bold films after college. Hihi!)

******************

I was on the passenger seat in my fx ride earlier today. I was beside an office girl and she had this thoughts about our driver, whom I think is already in his late 60's.

*mellow music on*

"Tatang, inaantok po ba kayo?"

Manong said, "Ha? Ok lang... Ok lang..."

After a few minutes...

"Manong, inaantok kayo, eh.."

Manong was silent.

She kept sighing and rolling her eyes.

Fx was not moving anywhere from our lane. We never switched lanes, actually. And all the vehicles were already overtaking us. We were not on the center of the lane where the driver's driving either.

Before dropping off a passenger in Paramount Theatre, a guy behind me commented in a soft voice,

"Manong, wag kayong magmamaneho ng inaantok."

Seems like the driver didn't hear it and the guy was not through. He took another hit,

"Manong, matulog muna kayo. Next time ho wag kayong magmaneho ng inaantok..."

The manong was silent.

Then, we all got off the taxi after reaching the MRT station.

What did I do thinking that I was in front and that any moment we might have an accident?

I kept looking on manong particularly his eyes. And yes, was he sleepy. His eyes were getting heavy as he drove. And I was a bit pissed already not only because he drives sleezy slow but he kept on mistakingly maneuvering my left knee as if it was the kambyo (What's its English term again?)

******************

Quote me. I miss Ar-Se-Be-Se.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:17 PM