Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, June 12, 2006

Gambling, Freedom and TV
4:25pm

I could barely remember the time when I won something in gambling or in a raffle promo.

Yesterday morning, my godson's mom dropped by our house asking me to bet or make my pick among the list. If you happen to enjoy basketball and gambling, you would understand me. So, it is called "ending" here. "Ending:" from the last two digits of the final/official score of a said game. Last night, it was 95 - 87. So, the "ending" winning combination is 5 -7 since the winning combo should start with the "ending" of the score of the winning team. And yes. It was my number. I won!

I was actually watching a talk show in another channel when I switched the tv to PBA. I was also curious about the scores. But I wasn't expecting since I have no luck in any form of gambling.

Luckily, the I didn't have to wait some time since the game has just ended. And the final score was flashed. Hmm, 95 - 87. I couldn't remember my number. I just knew that I figured if I was the one who won. Among the other number in the playing card, I chose 5 - 7 partly for the heck of picking one. More importantly, to symbolize something. No, not a name of a person but a place.

I am not the usual excited winner who would jump or scream or tell someone loudly that I won. I roam around the house thinking if I should go to her house and pick the prize money or just sit there in front of the tv figuring out if I really was the winner. It felt weird walking and thinking about a not so serious thing. After a few minutes, here comes the news. She knocked at our door telling me I won. I just smiled and asked here if the playing card was completed but it ain't. Instead of having a bigger prize, I got I think less than 700. See, I couldn't even remember how much it was. I gave her 150 bucks as tip. The rest I kept for this week's personal allowance. Actually, I had a choice not to give any since she already had her share from all the she's collected. It was just a tradition to give that.

I was actually worried for my weekly alowance was borrowed to me. Just half of it. From my 1000 bucks, it was trimmed down to half because it was borrowed. And this gambled money was just right in time to fill in my allowance.

So, there. By the way, it only cost me P10 to have a slot in the playing card. And it was, I think, during my high school days since I won an "ending" which caused me P2 to bet.

******************

Today is Independence Day here in the Philippines.

I am at work. It is double pay.

There was a bus company offering free ride. Unfortunately, it could not take me to work since it would not go outside the province. But MRT has free rides althroughout the day.

At least for today, freedom from excessive transpo fares. Well, just for some.

******************

I was excited about the new ABS-CBN show, "U Can Dance."

I like the hosts. The set was okay. Too bad that they have a too noisy audience who screams everytime the dancer/s would do a move.

I also think that there was something wrong with the dance groups that they pick from around the metro. I don't understand the choice of costume and the hair color.

But "Shall We Dance?" looks classier.

******************

To add on something from the boob tube, I do not know if it is just me who sees Captain Barbell's plot as mere Smallville rip off.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:00 PM