Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, June 15, 2006

When it rains, it ("drama") pours
5:21pm

Rain was pouring hard last night. Good thing I was already home. Bad thing was the drainage and drips of water from the ceiling.

Since my sister's house was built beside ours, water flow has been bad. The drainage was blocked. Now, we are rich with stagnant water that might house pesky mosquitoes' larva. Moreover, my mom's room's ceiling got, how'd you call this... drips of water allover when it's raining. I hope you get to imagine that. I think when my sister's house was still being constructed, some workers sat up there and later on created holes on the roof. We only found out that they, my mom and my sibs, would be experiencing sleepless nights because of water leaks.

Last night before going to sleep, I saw that water was already beginning to drip. My mom was tired. So, I just put newspapers and containers allover the place. We are really planning to replace those roofs. I think we need about three.

I am not leaving in a perfect house. Damn.

Anyway, when I was to check again if water drips would be worse, my mom was already awake and fixed the things that might get wet.

So, I just went back to my room and moved my things. Yes, there's also one hole somewhere up there. And if I stay lying on my matress like I used to, I would wake up the next day wet. I think water would hit my left chest.

Then, I had these thoughts in mind about my mom. How she wanted a perfect house, a squeeky clean one. How she wants to fix things around the house. I recalled how she would drop by my school on her lunchbreak at work just to copy notes from my classmates when I was absent back in elementary days. Those times that she would bring our packed snacks to school if we forgot it at home. Those times that she would wash our clothes 3 o'clock in the morning because there was zero drop of water every afternoon. How she would squeeze in some time to attend PTA meetings, pay the bills, have a project computerized, stay in line on enrolments, all those sacrifices that up until today she does unconditionally.

*sob*sob* This is so mellow.

I these motivates me to be a little more nice towards others, to think that everything could still be done in a good way, to be selfless, to do things for a loved one expecting nothing in return.

I am making a promise to myself that we would have a better house than the one that is available today. I already conditioned myself not to grow old there. I want our own, from our own pockets. (If you do not know, we are living with my dad's first family. We are second but legal.) I just want to unburden my mom even for a day or two.

(In short, there's no way for me to complain how unperfect things surrounding me are. My mom got away with them. So, why can't I?)


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:55 PM