Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Can Feel It
5:06pm


I had a craving for balut last Friday. And as part of my weekend ritual or should I say end of my work week, to cap off the day/night, I settle for a sip of its juice, a scoop of its egg yolk, unfertilized duckling savoured with a spicy vinegar.

The bus terminal offers nice-looking street foods. But I could only take balut. The rest seems odd to me by the way they are served and most specially, their servers.

Anyway, I bought three. That's thirty bucks. Manong vendor put it inside a transparent plastic then added another plastic with salt in it. I regularly buy from him, I must say. Sometimes, it's him or his wife who's watching over their boiled eggs on top of a big, container overloaded with peanuts.

At home, done from my dinner, I picked one from those eggs. I was excited. Kinda like an energizer to me or something. But no. Not an aphrodisiac. I noticed from that one I chose was that letter "S" on it's more pointed tip. I slammed the egg on our chair to make a small crack so I could sip the warm juice. But to my disappointment. It was not balut. I got a penoy instead. No choice but to eat it. My mom was sleeping and I didn't want to leave that penoy almost open. So, I scooped the half-solid egg yolk just to discover that me being-so-against to-eating-penoy-sickness was still there. I usually get dizzy, for weird reasons, after eating penoy. '

There. Last Friday was not so good.

******************

Saturday was the usual. Grocery day for me.

I was a bit lazy checking our grocery bag from last week. I was even more lazy to fix myself so I could drop by the supermarket. It was a bit cloudy and I didn't want mud on my feet in case it rains. But of course, I had no choice but to get there and do some groceries.

I usually spend more time looking at those kitchen utensils in one part of the supermarket. Soon, I want to buy another metal thing for cooking rice, some measuring cups, new spoons and forks. I also looked at the plates and mugs. They are finebut a bit pricey. I know they are much cheaper somewhere.

The first item that went in my grocery basket was a bathroom deodorizer. From last time, it cost around P17. Now, it almost 20 bucks. I think I had a lemon-scented one before. I told myself to try the other scents. So, I browsed through each one of them. Of course, they have sizing and housing and wrapping. I kept on sniffing on each one of them. I read the notice that inhalation would cause dizziness, irritation and all. But I wanted to get the one that could be the most fragrant. I settled from strawberry. Then, moved to the other part of the grocery finishing my list.

While browsing, I noticed that I was feeling a bit off. I was not feeling so well to the point that I want to vomit. Then I figured, must have been the deodorizer sniffing I did a while ago. Dumb me.

******************

I overheard thesetwo conversations from my neighbors.

Scene #1:

Woman around her 40's (talking to her 2 (?) year old granddaughter: Sabihin mo k*k* mo maangot. (Say your *bleep* smells awful.)

Mother of the 2 (?) year old girl (niece of this 40 something woman) : Ano ba naman yang tinuturo mo? (What are you teaching her?)

Woman around her 40's: Mild lang yun. (It's just mild.)


Scene #2:

I was walking along our pathway going to work. It was around 7am. Regular day for me and for the school kids.

School boy aged around 8 talking to a girl aged around 7: Ganun talaga yun.

School girl aged around 7: Yung isa kinakagat yung isang aso. Tapos, yung isa naman, tumatahol lang.

School boy: Nagba-ba-bye. Galing ng friendship nila, no?


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:11 PM