Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Monday, June 26, 2006

Gr8 T8ste
Music: Order Taker - PNE
5:37pm

I am almost free from the aftertaste of my lunch earlier - shawarma.

Though I already brushed my teeth, I could still smell its onion and taste the tomato. I could take the onion but the tomato makes me puke. I don't eat it raw. Wonderin' why I didn't remove it or asked the vendor to remove it? Well, tomatoes in shawarma are generally fine with me. Perhaps, it's my mood today. I am not excited to eat anything.

Oh, I was excited about the extra chili sauce I asked. But those tomatoes busted it all.

******************

Friday night, mom was uber static with a new for us - she now knows how to text using a 5110i.

Since my uncle is still in a search for a baby sister, my mom and my cousin are the one attending to his kids. An old mobile phone is left there for communication. My mom has difficulty in hearing things. My cousin has poor eyesight. Put them together: miscommunication.

My uncle texted and was asking something to my mom. My mom was able to send a reply. She was taught before her younger brother, my uncle, left for office. The only problem in my mom's message was there were no spaces and some part of the message has unnecessary characters. She didn't know how to erase them. But she would be improving. My sister taught her that night also after hearing my mom's problem with word spaces and creating messages.

******************

Our lunch yesterday was inspired by this site.

More than meat, I prefer veggies and internal organs of animals. There was this recipe for chicken gizzards.

Usually, I see these chicken organs in congees and adobo.

From the said site, I think three recipes for gizzards were featured. I tried to memorize how to make them as adobo.

I got 3/4 kilos of gizzards. My mom was hesitant to cook it since she didn't know how. I tolf her that based from what I've read, it's just like the regular pork adobo wherein you have to bring them to boil. Just to be sure, she asked my brother to text someone from my lola's house and ask on how to cook it. If my mom wasn't doing the laundry, she might have tried to use the phone. Hihi. I was instructed to clean them thoroughly. And I did. But they really smell like sh#t. But I still cleaned them. I even eat intestines. And fact has it that excretions pass through here. So, gizzards are no big deal. I rubbed them with rock salt. Washed them. And waited for my mom to cook 'em.

The only thing I remembered for the site where I got the idea was to put in kangkong (swamp cabbage?)

And that was our sumptuous meal Sunday afternoon, mom and son style.

******************

I am now thinking to use a push cart whenever I shop for groceries. I had always used the hand carry basket. And for the wait of the things I put in, I think I really need to change cases.

I am just stupid that I have this thought it mind that whenever I use a push cart in a supermarket, I must fill it even just half of it.

No. I would have guts next Saturday to get one myself them zigzag my way through the stalls.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 6:07 PM