Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, October 01, 2005

07 days to Go Before My Birthday

tick tockBurp! I just finished eating my lunch. Actually, not. I have a half-filled cup of Coke to consume then I'm done. *hides coke from the spy camera with my blanket : spill-proof containers not allowed/no eating in the station *

Speaking of burping, I really want to burp infront of somebody else's face. Opo. Seryoso ako. Yung tipong pagkadighay ko ay may kasabay pang pag-make faces pang inis lang. Haha! Sama. Baboy. Ok. Before I start pissing you off, I'd stop. And I don't usually do that. But if you are close to me, I might try that on you... :p

I wish I could go to an Oktoberfest celebration. The kick off party started last night and that was even featured on television. My closest encounter with crowd was just by watching them by the mrt train's window as they party and enjoy the booze and music at the parking lot of a big mall. And that was it. I think that's not just hype. I don't even know the history of it as to why the beer season is celebrated in October. Hence, Oktoberfest.

I think I just had three chances of taking in alcohol in a bar. One was at Moomba during our acquaintance party in college. Another one was at Spirits in Baguio. I didn't even buy that drink because it's a complementary one. The last was at this videoke bar in QC in Nov 2004. I guess, I'm a pretty good boy for not getting drunk in a far away place (I live in a city situated in a province.). On the first two places, I only had San Mig light which I think tasted salty. The real one is still better. We had a mixed drink in the other place. Tasted like gin-po (gin pomelo). Not my drink again.
alak3

Anyway, I have been alcohol free for almost two years now. No, I am not bored. I love it, actually. Now, I look for something worthwhile to do while drinking. Usually, me and my childhood friends and neighbors drink at someone else's backyard or in the street. Some talk. Some releases his angsts. Some cooks. Some buy beer and cigarette. Some invites other friends. Some come and take a bottle without any invitation. Some show fake smiles. Some exaggerate his stories (nang-uurat na, nang-oonse pa). Some escape after a few drinks. Some eat the pulutan as their dinner. There's a partition, you see. It's obvious.The group's not big but we have smaller groups inside the circle which made me tired... which got me bored.

It was just tiring to see myself wasting my whole day because of boredom. From 7pm til the next day, I did completely boring the hell out of me. And I made that sacrifice due to pakikisama. Ok. Let's abuse that word one more time.

Sorry if one of my friends get a hold of this entry. Like each and everyone of you, I enjoyed the company to the point of telling myself that it has been enough. You kow how it feels to force yourslef to eat some more though your stomach is already giving up. We ceratinly valued friendship. But as always, we all change(d).

Half finisihed school. Some are married. Half is jobless while the other isn't. The first half continues to piss the second half. The second half returns the favor also. A and B is totally different from C and D. This you have to agree. Gimiks and the in crowd, A and B do it best. Bathroom jokes and all that stuff, unmistakably C and D. The difference goes. Yet, we're friends. And no, we are not in a tupperware party. Haha!

It's hard dealing with people whom you've spent your whole life with but when you look back, you haven't really known them. At least just half of them. I respect their personal lives and the way they want to keep things to themselves. I am that shy and private, too. But the quality of friendship ended when some of went to college. Not much time spent since school is busy and dorm life is the most convenient option than to go to and fro the house everyday. And I think money and all its meaning played a big role in us.

Not all are rich. Not all went to college. And not going to college doesn't guarantee a person a stable job. Some not even finsihed high school. So, how could you demand a company if you do not have an education.

Brand names and malls and gimiks and movies and cars and girlfriends and gadgets. Who wouldn't envy?

Now, my birthday is a week from now. One of my friends birthday falls the next day after mine. And I am sure that a drinking spree is about to happen. And I know that I would be invited. I know, as well, that I am going to see some friends that I do not intend to see. Sit beside them. Shake their hands. Talk and drink. Damn. Ang plastic ko na. Bagay nga ako sa customer service. Bop.

No. I have issues with some of them and I know they do know that. I just don't bring that up since I am not very close to some of them. And usually, a hi or hello is already the beginning and the end of our conversation. Ok. Shall I rant now?

Just a brief ranting... some made me feel that I am less of a person since I don't have that PR during drinking sessions... I am not a star player of the their basketball team (I've had two uniforms from the team to show support but wasn't a part of the line up. I shed some amount to have those shorts and jersyes.). I've caught two, in one instance, laughing at my back while drinking. I think I was a bit drunk that time and one of my friend's girl friend, whom he invited, was there asking him why am I so quiet. I didn't hear about his answer but I know they were laughing at my short. And I was just wearing a black shirt that time. A Fila shirt to be exact. If I was an upfront guy, I would really say mean things to them about their playing conyo or the heir-to-the-throne-kids attitude... I am not as popular as them... I hear side comment lefta nd right about the thing I'm wearing. Sometimes even my hair or my slippers wouldn't escape their very observant eyes. I'm like what's wrong? Is there a booger on my cheek? Gosh. I know I look better than you and if you have a choice, you would also grow your hair just like mine. Too bad that I look fine with short or long locks. Tsktsk... I did all my best to help them fix their resume. I even gave a copy of the some pointers when applying for a job. (I got that copy from the guidance counselor's lecture in college.)... They listed my name to play in a volleybll exhibition game in my place. That's fine with me since two of my friends are also playing. So, I would not be that shy anymore. But what happened? They made a laughing stock out of me. I don't know. I am good at that sport and I know it. I don't understand why they have to be that mean to me... Whew. I thought that would just be a brief one. Hehe.

Now, the revenge of the sith.. hehe.. I think I look better than most of them. Most of the people in our place even ask me if I'm still in school. I take that as a complement. Sana mukha kasi kong estudyante pa at hindi yung nag-o-overstay na sa school dahil sa back subjects. I don't usually wear the styles of clothes that they wear. We do not have the same hair. They do not have my job. They do not have my slippers. They are not experiencing what I am into right now. They even wonder on how it is to be on this job or to be working in Makati. I know I may rant all I want but I could never change the way they want to treat me.

Perhaps, I really belong to my college friends. There, I have friends who are girls which is lacking in my friends back home.
alak1alak2
alak5alak4

Friendship is like wine. It gets better with age.

I had a vow of celibacy from these alcoholic beverages/liquors until I have my good friends with me to drink the night away. You think I am bored but you have no idea. I may not have that much active social life like the usual gimikero in town but I am enjoying my life very much. And I haven't even tapped my feet yet to clu music. Wait til you party with me. Hihi. My close friends know it. When I party, I party really hard... non-stop... restless. Most of you I know that I am not worth your time. But that's fine. I don't give everyone a chance to dance with me. Suplado. Tsk.

I just feel that I am enjoying myself more than before when I was tied to friends at home. Did I mention that we made a sort of commitment to drink every first week of the month. That dogma was made summer of 1998 when some of us are free from the alcohol ban of our Catholic high school. We spent drinking, I think, more than 10 bottles of large Gilbey's gin and feasted on nilaga, grilled mussels and tilapia. We even used banana leaves as plates for lunch. When we were so drunk, we pushed each other into the fish pond and threw at each other mud from the rice fields. Then, we took a bath using the deep well (poso) at the backyard. We spent that afternoon at the farm of one of my friends. See. I have good memories with my childhood friends. And I miss most of them. Those good old days.

I think that's about it. Sorry for the long post. Hope you understand my ranting and salivate on the pictures you drunkards. Haha!

Another drinking session probably on Oct 8, my birthday. But I would not be the one throwing that celebration. My birthday falls on a Saturday and my friend, who's birthday is on the 9th, might invite us on this day. Almost all celebrations are best held on a Saturday night, I think. I hope they would spare me from the invitation. (Mapapasubo din ako sa librehan nyan kung matatapat sa kaarawan ko.) I have a different plan on that day. And that is to treat my family and my lola.


** All photos were taken from SM Supermarket - Makati while I was waiting for my dumpling with rice to be packed. I was still on a night shift then.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 11:38 AM