Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Smirk

For whatever reason it is, I am in a good mood to start my work week. I took a leave off from work last Saturday and the two days following it are my rest days. So, I had three days off the office. Oh, make that three smile-filled days. Hence, the title.

As to what has taken place, see the details below.




  • I'm loving the deo-spray I bought last Wednesday. Actually, it was only my first time to use that kind of anti-perspirant. I just don't like the smell because one can tell that smell is not from a cologne or something. And I think a scent of it mixed with the scent of a cologne or perfume sprayed on my shirt would emit an unpleasant odor. I don't know if using a cologne no more for several months now is a good thing. But still, my virgin armpits had just been devirginized by Nivea Deo-Spray. Talk about late bloomer.
  • I cleaned my room last Saturday and I love how my favorite pillow looks like. There's nothing special in it but... but... I don't know. It's my favorite.
  • The UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe (SDT) won the Nestle UAAP Cheering Competition again. They did it four years in a row now. One of the banners I saw on tv read, "SDT roar "4" more" So, congratulations to SDT and the UST Yellow Jackets. If you haven't catched the event (bleh!) just click this for some pictures. Before you continue reading, let me just yell, "4-peat! 4-peat!... Go USTe!"
  • Same day, Saturday, I went to the supermarket to buy some groceries. I was just wearing a blue basketball jersey and my black P.E. shorts. I usually go there either Sunday or Monday. Since, I have some things to finish on those days, I decided to drop by the store that Saturday afternoon. At the entrance, I saw two of my so-called "friends"/neighbors. I stopped there for a while and smiled at them. The one who used to bully me and think that I am somewhat inferior to him said, "O, Nho. Mamimili ka?" I just gave him a nod. He then said, "May pupuntahan ka dyan?" I just gave him a strange look. He uttered something again that went, "Ano gagawin mo dito?" I replied in my nicest voice and innocent look, "Ano bang ginagawa sa grocery (store)?" I thought that question was so stupid to be asked in the first place. Hmpf!
  • I've seen one of my closest childhood friends, Baldo. He told me they already moved to Novaliches. I haven't seen the guy for more than a year. I was just suprised on the stories he told me. But while we were talking, this stupid "friend" of mine, the one whom I've seen in the supermarket, kept on interrupting us. Both of them are a bit drunk. And I would like to believe on what of the rest of my "friends" say that they miss hanging out with me because I hardly go out of our house. Then, my "friend" told me that he has a favor to ask me. He was asking me for my pants. I said, "Ha? Wala akong pantalon." Then, I turned my back. I thought how could someone be mean to you and suddenly be nice in a very short period of time. I am so tired of making tambay and getting myself drunk without learning something from the conversation.
  • Inside the supermarket, I realized some things. One, I don't remember the last time I've tried Spanish sardines. The cheap sardines which costs only 15 bucks, not the home-made ones which is about more than 5 times the prices of a cheap sardines. Two, I don't also remember the last time I enjoyed a bag of fish crackers. Third, that day would be the day that my tongue would lay on that softdrink can and feel Sprite ice dripping in my mouth. Damn. Vendo machine here in the office never had any stock of it. I've waited for a whole 2 months just to see the difference of it from pepsi ice. Now, I know. But I like both.
  • Written on the jeepney's headboard: "7.50 Dyan lang!" I was controlling myself from laughter because the thought of some people who take a ride and when they pay the fare would say, "Ma, bayad, o. Dyan lang." I was not able to take a picture of that because I left my phone at home. Sayang.
  • Last Sunday, we celebrated our lola's birthday. All of my cousins are there. I enjoyed the food and the videoke. Yes, my tito rented a videoke machine. Sadly, I wasn;t able to sing because I was too shy. But I already have a song of choice just in case my cousins win the battle of my shyness and their persuasion. And that was #1548 - Beauty and Madness by Fra Lippo Lippi. But I wasn't able to share my talent in music that day. Another sayang moment that went down the drain.
  • The egg sandwich spread, which I made yesterday, tastes good. I already told myself that instead of buying a sandwich from the meal provider in the office, I would just prepare my own sandwich at home. Here in the office, it ranges from P35-58. Imagine. Costly. From what I've spent for my own version of Egg sandwich was only a little over a hundred bucks. So, that's sandwich ala Arnold :p
  • While ironing my complete set of clothes that I'd wear this week, I noticed that all of my shorts are in the shade of dark blue. Funny.
  • I am currently updating my resume and this form for promotion in the office. New posting were sent last Friday. The filing of requirements ends on 12nn, Thursday. So, I still need to condition myself on writing my achievements, plans and qualifications. First timer in applying for promotion. I hope to fix everything and meet the deadline. Nervousness comes with virginity, I suppose. Shhhh.
  • I am glad that JB of Pinoy Big Brother has been nominated for eviction. I want him out of the house and the rest of the pa-konyos inside. Also with PBB, I hope the new housemate, Sam, is a slap on Uma's face.
  • Survivor Guatemala has been aired last Friday but I wasn't able to catch it. I know I would not be able to watch it due to work. Same thing with the new season of Amazing Race.

xtra:

Happy, happy birthday to the following: On Sept 11 (belated) Brian (childhood friend);Sept 16 (belated) Carol (college tropa); Sept 17 (belated) Pareng John (kilala talaga ko nito. Ang aming spiritual adviser, ernie baron, computer instructor, slipped notes writer, source of pichi-pichi at presyong jollibee-ng pancake house na tropa sa ust); Sept 25 Jane (supervisor), Rich (former teammate),Judith (my cousin), Joel (Judith's kuya, pinsan ko din, syempre).


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 3:56 PM