Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, September 24, 2005

14 Days to Go Before My Birthday...

tick tock This is not an ordinary countdown towards the day that I would be a year older. From this post til I celebrate my birthday, I would be listing down some things that have/had been beneficial on my personal growth. More of like what happened between the day I turned 23 to the day that I would turn 24.

Ok. Let the ranting begin. Haha! No. I am actually really, really happy. Though I got a very annoying customer on the line before I took my lunch, I am still in that happy mood which I carried over from last night.

I mentioned from my previous post that I've/we've met our former teammates Lea and Nina last Thursday. That made me happy because I, once again, experienced that good-'ol-days syndrome.

Last night, I never thought that I would see Melina, a former teammate as well, at the lobby of our office. Yes, she was scheduled to go out with Ronchie, who is, by the way with our teammate Anne. When Ronchie dropped by the office, he told me that Melina was downstairs. It was, I think, 20 minutes still before I go out from the office. So, the chances of seeing her again wasn't quite sure. I just asked Ronch to say hi to her.

I went out of the office 5 minutes after 7. That's the usual. Then, I saw the three, Ronch, Melina and Anne, at the lobby. I approached them with a big, big smile. Then, Melina did the beso (cheek-to-cheek) thing to me. Medyo na-conscious nga ako kasi di naman ako sanay sa ganun. Hehe. The last time I had that moment was back in 2002. It was more than an exchange of hi's and hellos. It was a talk after every talk. I surely did miss Melina. We were not only teammates but batchmates as well. That's another good-'ol-days moment.

I remember that we went home together once. We walked from our old building to the mrt station. We talked about certain things while walking in the street and riding the train. At first, I never really thought that we would become friends since she's an art major from UP. And you know how "weird" or "strange" art majors are. But glad to say, she's just as normal or more than normal as others.

Did I already say that I miss her? Ok, I am saying that again. She would always tell you how nice your shirt is or how should you react on a certain thing. The best advice that I got from her was this : "Wag kang magpapaapi. Kung hahayaan mo silang ganyanin ka, kakayanin ka lang nyan. Dapat be firm din talaga.." something to that sort.

O, baka kung ano na iniisip nyo. No, we are not romantically involved. Taken na taken na siya. ;)

I joined the three in the cab since they were also headed to the Glorietta area. The talking was non-stop. She was also eager about the lives of the rest that was left in our account. I think they were supposed to have fun at Giligan's. Sadly, I wasn't able to join due to work the next day. And I am sure that I would be subject to intoxication. Baka di na ko nakauwi sa bahay siguro kung nagkagayon. Hihi!

Before I leave them, Melina, for the second time, did that beso thing to me. Naku, Melina ha. Nakakarami ka na. Tsansing na yan, a. Style mo. Haha! No, it was really nice to see girls who do that to their guy friends. You'd feel it's a one of the genuine signs of "i miss you" or "see you around".

As I walk around Glorietta, I was thinking of all the good things that happened to me this week. When I was also standing on the escalator at the mrt, same thought kept circling in my mind. I am, was happy... meeting former teammates.

That brought me to another thought --- got to represent the spirit well. Whatever that spirit is. I am on a high about the meeting. I should be on the same high, if not higher, when promotion proceeds. But I would not want to fall coming from that higher state. That would definitely hurt.

What I have with me are the smiles of the three - Lea, Nina and Melina. I just think how they want me to achieve what I want to achieve... do what I love to do... say what I want to say... practice what I believe in.

The event of meeting them again after several months of not seeing each other was unexplainable. Medyo OA na siguro pero iba kasi yung ngiti. You would know that someone is really there for you amidst the circumstances. The best thing is that they are doing something worthwhile. Also, the excitement they show once they see you.

I am really happy. I could not wait to bond with my other former teammates as well. They made me feel that working wasn't really working at all.

I guess this early, I already received one of my gifts for my birthday. God, you are so-so good.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 10:44 AM