Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Kids

Sometimes, I like kids. Sometimes, I don't. But I like them more than I don't.

I have this analogy in mind - Kids are like puppies. I love them when they're young. I'd hate them after they've grown. Hate not as in kill-hate or evil-hate. I know you would agree that kids are more likely to follow the (your) rules for the main reason that they are younger. And you are older than them. But once they grow up, it's their own rules usually. They have their own mind set. Yes. They would just be like you. And me. Kids grow. Age.

1981 - The year I was born. i guess it was different then. Life, it is. I have asked myself several times, "What if I were born 20 years before my actual birthdate?" So, that would make me a 3-yr old (cute) little boy whos about to turn 4 by October. Perhaps, my mom (and my dad - given that he's still alive) could've been asking me to do some scriblings on a piece of white paper in preparation for my entry to a nursery school come next year. I could also be getting all the food that my body would need to be healthy. Age 3 would not be best for asking children to buy something from a sari-sari store so I would be safe from endless errands from the elders.

Being a child would make me dream even more. I mean, I have at least the whole day just playing with my toys or watching a cartoon show on tv while sipping an orange juice or drinking my milk. A few hours later, i would be given a nice bath by my babysitter or my mom or my dad or my elder sibling. Then, watch and play (who says you couldn't do two things at the same time?) again until I fall asleep. And when I wake up, another snack would be ready for me to consume.

I don't know if kids do worry. I know that they usually get jealous if their other sibling gets the attention of their parents. But it's hard to figure out how they feel. I know it's stupid to think that these days they are aware of the debts that they shoud pay once they grow up. They know some names and situations but do not understand them fully.

I don't know, too, if kids get bored with their routine. If they aren't in school yet, play-eat-sleep-watch tv are their ordinary life. Hmm, maybe the reason why some kids are hyperactive or makulit or malikot is because they are bored. And they need some other thing to do besides the above mentioned.

mcdo_kids

Taken from a wall in McDonald's SM Makati one Saturday, lunchtime.

Kids beaming with smile are very relaxing and moving to look at. This is just a picture. What more if it was real.

Here also are some pictures of my two nieces. I've got four nieces and four nephews all in all.

gwen_xtin1


gwen_xtin2


gwen_xtin3


1. That's Gwen (5) on the left and Christine (2) on the right enjoying the cookies I gave them.
2. Christine was trying to put the cookie that she licked into Gwen's mouth.
3. This is the only time I told them to look at my cam phone. While I took the first two, I asked them not to look my way so that I would capture something in candid.

I wonder how would they be like let's say 15 years from now. That would make me somewhat ols and they would be on the height of young adulthood.

I wish there would be a time where the mininum fare for a jeepney ride is P1.50 only just like them. In no less than 10 yrs, that P1.50 became P7.50. Poor country. Poor people. Poor kids. (oh! this is not a post concerning politics. Sorry.)

I also worry about their future. Gwen is now enroled as a kinder pupil in a public school where her mom is a Gr. 5 teacher. Give Christine another 2 yrs then she's set to be in nursery. With all due respect to the people who are studying, teaching, governing, fighting for a change, working in public schools, I worry about my nephews and nieces education wise. I wish we were all that rich so all would be in private schools enjoying curricular and extra-curricular activities the best school in my place offers.

I am 23. I know sometime in my 20's I'd be hopefully having my own family. And of course, having a kids or kids would be part of that. Flashes of me worrying, planning for the baby's and family's future almost always linger somewhere in the sanity in my bedroom before I sleep.

Worries. I wish I was still a kid.

Hmm, but kids, I guess are luckier these days because of the improvement technology-wise. Hence, celphones, laptops, mrt, internet, etc.

I would know what it would be like to take care of a kid once I get there (own family). I only took care of my Gwen during summer and sembreaks back in college. I know how to bathe a kid, prepare the milk, etc.

I don't know. Kids are just very nice to look at. Very fragile. Soft. Cuddly. Curious. True.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 3:46 PM