Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Excited Morning Person

Hi everyone! Well, I am now back on a morning shift. That's 10am - 7pm. This is my first day of my new schedule. I am excited since I get to be with the "normal" crowd on the streets. Usually, when I am walking towards my work place, most of the people are going the other way - going home.

But before I get comfy with this new schedule, I made some preparations. Not big deal preparation. I just did somethings ahead of time since going home at 7pm would not allow me to do some things compared to my past schedule where I go home at 9am.

1. I had my teeth cleaned and some filled last Saturday. Took advantage of my Maxicare benefits. I know it would be hard to schedule an appointment if my shift ends at night.

2. Last Saturday also, I had my hair trimmed at Bench/ Fix - Greenbelt. Again, that day was my last resort since I was still within Makati that day. And ending my shift in the morning would give me more time to finish some things and less for sleep. Oh, well.

* I also saw Chico of RX 93.1 at Glorietta and Nyoy Volante at Greenbelt.

3. After an hour of thinking what cd to get, I finally have a copy of Mishka Adams' debut album "God Bless The Child" from Music 1 also in Greenbelt.

* There are a lot of great finds especially in OPM. I never knew that Stonefree already released their debut cd "Hibiscus." I knew about the band and their music since the reality tv show Single aired on ABC 5.

* Good thing the record store has 7 Shots' Love and Hate album in the rack.

* I was once again tempted to listen to Black Eyed Peas' Monkey Business album.

* Rachelle Anne Go looks really, really sexy on the cover of her repackaged album. I stay tuned to ASAP just to see her sing and smile and look at the camera. Oh, I'm talking about music, right? I just hope she comes up with a nice RnB album.

* Bamboo's second installment is one of the best I've heard among all the cds in the listening area.

* Motown's Greatest Hits, I like also.

** To sum all these cds I've mentioned, that'd be at least 3 thousand bucks right off my pocket. That's alot but I ain't buying pirated ones.

4. I went to buy some groceries before I went straight home. And I realized that it's been sometime that I haven't bought Wiggles, twisted marshmallow coated with mocha-choco flavor - one of my guilty pleasures.

6. Last Sunday, it was only me at home. My whole family went to my Lola's house because it's their fiesta in their place. I decided not to come because I felt tired that day. My mom asked me what do I want for lunch so she could prepare before they leave. I saw my aunt with her paninda. I bought pang-pinakbet na gulay (mixed vegetables), bagoong (shrimp paste) and daing na maliliit na isda (small dried fishes). The first two I cooked for lunch. Again, while doing that, I realized that it has been a while since I last cooked even just for myself. The only complaint I have for my dish was the taste. It was too spicy. I chopped the green chili and added all with the veggies.

I cooked daing for dinner. You usually fry daing with an ample amount of oil and low heat. After 3-5 minutes, it's done. As for may sawsawan, excess bagong from my lunch and vinegar gave me that urge to eat more than I could. Plus, I didn't use any utensils. Just my bare hands. I eat more when I use my hands. Imagine the scene. I really am from a barrio.

5. To top things off my excitement for my much anticipated morning shift, I went to Mass yesterday at 6 pm. As I've said on my post below, I miss going to Mass on weekdays. I was quite hesitant since it was raining at my place yesterday. Gladly after I woke up from my siesta, the sky was all bright. It's half an hour drive from my house to kabayanan (town proper), where the church is located. I was able to manage not to be late for the Mass. I even had time to drop by first the Adoration Chapel, light a candle and pray. I bought sampaguita flowers after.

Before I went home, I bought another pack of Wiggle. I finished my first pack, which has 24 pieces, in one day. Now, I still have at 19 pieces left in my second pack.

I am now back at the morning shift. Note: Morning, not mourning. It was only over a month that I, together with some of my teammates, spent a night shift. From 12 am to 9am, my schedule is now 10 am to 7 pm. Not bad. But almost at least 2 thousand bucks would be lacking in my payslip since I do not have night diffs and special shift allowance anymore. And for sure, my performance bonus would be affected since it's really hard to meet the required average handling time during the day.

Both schedules has it's pros and cons. I just tell myself that it's much more peaceful to sleep at night. I get to see more people walking along the street in the morning. and hopefully, I get to bump with one of my classmates, friends and cousins in the street or bus. Best of all, nothing beats dealing with a "normal" life. My biological clock missed the Philippine time zone. I am more excited to go to work during daytime.

I hate to choose. But I love the sun as much as I love the moon. I need to pick one. And so I choose the sun.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 12:57 PM