Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ocassions

Before I start, I want you guys to know that I am now taking my shift inside our new building. And sitting here waiting for the calls to be routed to me while chilling and trying to warm myself with my wornout jacket. Sobrang lamig. Naka-tsinelas pa man din ako.

It's quite a busy week since my client's items are on sale. So, a not so normal call volume compared to my normal day shifts. Customers complaining about lost packages... wanting to apply promotions (It's is clearly stated in our website that NO promotions could be applied during the sale season. Mahirap bang intindihin 'yun? Gusto lang kasing makaisa.).. getting frustrated that the site is slow and the items that they want are already soldout. Those stuff. Na-a-irate tuloy ako. Haha!

Anyway, I've got some pictures (again) here about my recent... recent i don't know. Hehe! Just have patience and read.



rustans
Oh, what are fathers are for?

Usually, I pass by Rustan's (sa labas lang, a.) during night time on my way to work. Their showcase window displays are eye catching. Well, not all. But if there's a special ocassion, mind you. I get struck for more than a minute.

That's how I want to interpret the picture (See title below it). The one in white represents me. The other, my dad. As I've posted here before, he's now gone. But I know if he is still alive, we would be a total opposite. He would never tolerate my trippings and stuff. Hehe! He would prefer to see me with a much shorter hair, black leather shoes and a nicely ironned white polo. Heck! I came from a semi-seminary high school.

I wasn't that close to him. And that was alright with me. I think as a first born, I tend to be more independent. I try to manage everything that I could first before calling my parents' attention for help. It would be best if they would spend more time with my younger siblings. And the eldest doesn't usually rely much on their parents.

Since it was Father's Day last Sunday, June 19, let me share two quotes which I got from a broadsheet.

"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." - Anne Sexton

"A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father." - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Not just the physical, but the remaining faculties as well. One becomes more mature, more responsible, more careful in making decisions. I think, all children for that matter learn to be a well-ronded person as they age.

On another note, when I was figuring out what to buy as a gift for my niece's baptism, I never get to pack one. I went home empty-handed. In short, that Libra charactersitic has never left me. But all through my trip home up to the moment I retire to bed, one thing kept circling my head : family man. It is so hard to start a family... raise a family... to keep a family intact. Three pieces of feeding bottles cost more than a hundred box. Baby wipes are also costly. The mat where the baby is placed after he took a bath amounts to P50. And that is the cheapest. To think that it is only a little bigger than the size of a mouse pad. Oh, not to include those baby shoes, crib, pacifier, rattles, mosquito nets, etc. My thought that time was, "Yari ang mga tatay nyan. Halos lahat sila talaga..."

Another tatay moment in me happened last Sunday. Oh! It was Father's Day. I suppose to celebrate it with my family, though my dad is already gone. I was suppose to surprise them with a gallon of ice cream. But my money went to our groceries and toiletries and the other needs of my siblings for their apartment.

Yes. My sister and my two brothers just started to stay in a room near the office and school. I was the one in charge of the rent. My sister would give my brothers their allowance. Of course, I know that tuition fees would still be on us. So, we are preparing.

I asked my two nephews to accompany us with their things. We helped them carry their things and waited for the bus to arrive. Sadly, nobody could drive for them to Manila. No, I do not have a car and I do not know how to drive. Probably, my tito has a previous commitment. And my brother-in-law would be taking his family to the mall for some leisure time.

Honestly, I really wanted to go with them to Manila and help them carry their big baggages. It was cloudy that day and I was feeling sick. My sister said that once they are already in the bus terminal, they would just take the sidecar going to their apartment.

I had "if only's" that time. If only I have a car. If only I earn more I could buy them a nice bed, a soft pillows, tv, etc. If only I have more money, I could get them a way better looking room. Yeah. Those ifs kill.

I am still in the graveyard shift. My mom is the only one left at home. Well, there's my half siblings. But it's different if at least one of us is there. It's sad that we don't get to spend most of our time watching tv or listening to the radio or talking about anything. I guess, we are all growing up. That's a fact of life.

********

Last June 12th, we attended the baptism of my niece, Mary Gabrielle "Gabby" Bajar. She is my sister's second child. My brother was one of the ninongs. Actually, it's we were not present in the church.

Here are the pictures.


mom_gabby


Yep. Gabby was dark skinned. Her mom has Spanish lineage while her dad has American. It is a household joke that the familiy is the perfect example of the Biolink commercial. (Remember the baby was being baptized and the priest was in awe why the baby has a darker complexion compared to the parents.)


mom_gabby_arn

My mom carrying the youngest in all my nephews and nieces. Gabby was about to cry because my mom kept shaking her. My sister was already telling my mom to stop because she could not take the picture. And that's me. I am beginning to think to cut my hair. But nah. I would just have it trimmed. I am still going to do my plan since January this year. And that is to have it curled.



giveaway
These were the giveaways.


********

I am about to logout. Posting another set of photos and stories would take time. Plus I have to take my late break (I forgot to take it on time. I am far from the window. Usually, it's the sunshine that I use as a signal for my breaktime. But I'm nowhere beside the window.)

See you tomorrow for my next one. Image hosted by Photobucket.com


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:00 AM