Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, December 25, 2004

So This Is Christmas

Slept late last night. Actually, I arrived home past 9:30 pm. Nobody's there since the Mass should start any moment before 10. Ate spaghetti and the chocolates that were given to me. Changed tv channels to keep me awake. I didn't want to sleep with a full tummy, you know.

My family went back to our house past 10 o' clock. My sisters, brothers, in-laws, nieces and nephews were there. The kids of my cousins, too, barged in. They made mano to everyone. And take note: including me. Ang bata ko pa, a. Chit chats. Gift giving. A little eating.

I went inside my room at about 11 or 12mn. Drinking the night away was not included in my plan. I still have work the next day, that's why. And I still have to prepare the gifts that I'm going to give my godchildrens.

Popped in a John Mayer cd while writing small notes on those simple gifts.

I have no idea what time I slept. My best memory that night was everyone's grilling something outside our house while I was lying on my bed. Yawning. Trying to get some good sleep.

Indeed, that was a good night. I never heard my Hey Mama alarm signal at 6:15 in the morning. After I woke up, I just stayed a few more minutes lying on my bed. Then I asked myself, "What day is today?" My eyes widened and I hurriedly got off. Changed clothes then, went down and prepared my coffee for breakfast. Damn! I've got work.

Done and ready, I left at about 8:20 am. But before that, I already handed my gifts to my two cute, little godchildrens. I felt light that morning. I don't know. Probably, because the sky was brighter compared to yesterday. I was humming a song on the way to my ride. It just felt good waking up and knowing that it's Christmas. I wasn't even bitter that I still have to attend my 9- hour job. Yeah. I'm happy. Really happy.

Got my self a burger, spaghetti and softdrinks from Jollibee before I positioned my ass on my station. Ate before my shift. Ate a peanut butter-flavoured donut that was left here. Then, checked the 12/F for our free lunch. I had beef, rice, a can of Mountain Dew and sans rival. I finished all of those in less than an hour and a half. The medicine, which I am currently taking, gives me a bigger appetite. Thanks, Ling Zhi Chuang Yao Wan.

Calls were not that much. I think I just got around 5 or 6 calls. I went to Glorietta on my lunchtime. I printed some of the camfone pictures taken from our recent Christmas party. To Music 1, I headed after. Checked out the "Soulful Acoustic" cd of M.Y.M.P. Then, to Food Choices after. Got myself a meal of Bagoong Rice from Thai BBQ.

Again, I'm done eating. But I think I still would want to fill up my stomach. Anyway, I'm thru with my emails. I'm waiting for 8 pm. I hope to go home early.

By the way, thanks to everyone who greeted me merry Christmas via ym, email, tag and sms. Also those who made my day even brighter by saying, "Merry Christmas!" with a smile, thanks. I know all of you had a good one.

Plus, this is the first Christmas that we actually celebrated in the house. I could barely remember if we ever had a gathering before during holidays especially when my dad passed away. My mom hardly prepares something. But now, it's as if we're all hyped up by the occasion. Everyone's busy preparing the plates, glasses, pasta, cheese, everything. I just smiled when I saw that scene. The spirit is back.

Two more hours and I'm off. I wish to get a nice gift today. We have our annual "exchange gifts" at my lola's house. I hope everyone's ok there.

And you. Christmas ain't over yet. You could still make yourself smile. Merry Christmas!




posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 5:03 PM