Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, December 15, 2004

One

How time flies so fast.. man, it's been a year! Well, this is my PS101 anniversary post. Haha! In celebration of friendship, new career, failure, achievements... here I go.

Dec. 15, 2003 - I inked a four-month contract here at PS. Four months. That's the bond. Extended two other months to complete the probationary period. Then, regularization. Anyway, it took me about a week and a half before I got into this job. I was a walk-in applicant. If I remember correctly, I went to JG Summit one Thursday morning, an hour before lunch. Actually, I entered Philam bldg. first. Then, I asked the receptionist if that was JG just to find myself that I set foot in the wrong place.

To the 32/F, I went. Dropped my resume to the guard. Then, was asked to sit down and wait for our turn. I was in the pantry with the rest of the other hopefuls. My interview went fine. I was asked to comeback the next day for the written exam. So, I went back on Friday.

I took the exam and was asked to sign up an account on line and go back on Tuesday for the final interview. I went to Manila and used my spare time surfing the net. I was thriled that day probably I felt that I was only a step to go to be hired. Then, I got a call on my celfone. The lady was from PS and she interviewed me again. I thought that was really the procedure. But I mentioned that I was already scheduled for the final one and I was done with the exam. She just said to wait for a notice.

I became sad when I received an email on a Saturday that I did not pass. I was asking myself why the hell I was scheduled for a final interview.

The day of the final interview came. I was contemplating if I'd still go or not. It was suppose to be 3 in the afternoon. I was asking for a sign if I should go or not. But I still went ahead. Halfway, the mrt was busted. I was waiting there for about an hour. Then, I told myself that was the sign I was asking for. I really felt sad that day. I went straight home afterwards.

While I was enjoying my dinner that same day, I got a phone call form the HR people asking why I didn't show up. I said that I received an email saying that I didn't make it. The lady double checked. She said she would call back after 5 minutes. After that, she said there was a mistake. She asked me to come back for the final interview.

Final interview came. More talk this time plus a call demo. I also did a typing exam. Then, i was asked to go to Philam and look for someone. Later did I know, I was already signing a contract inside the conference room with Joanne, Ronchie, Dwin, Dyan and Randall at the 12/f. The first day of our job was set --- Dec. 15.

New Hire Orientation for a week. We are PS batch 101. The last batch hired for year 2003. Our trainer was Cloud.

On the last day of training, we had a party at Joanne's place. Not everybody came but we all there had fun. Ate dinner then filled up our packages with San Mig Light. I was the one who cooked rice, I remember.

I went live on the floor Christmas eve. Wow.

Ok. It's been a year. Only seven of us in our batch are still left. There's Ten-Ten and Tina on the other account. And we, the "the lucky" ones, are still here. It's Anne, Zig, Ronchie, Melina and me.

Lots of cool and nice people I've met. Friends inside the company, through bulletin boards. What more can I ask for? I'm still overwhelmed up to now. I'm still asking myself how I got hired. I'm happy. That's for sure. Whew! I'm smiling right now.

Alright, here are some pictures. I know you want these. Go feast.




Presenting...PS101 *claps* Do the roll call. Arnold, Chad, Joebs, Dx, Dyan, Ticx, Dwin, Tina, Pink,Anne, Tess, Maine, Joanne, Ren, Andrea, Karen, Melina, Ronchie, Jae, Alain, Ten-Ten, Zig, Randall, Cos, Je, Rose with Cloud, our trainer.

Just some of the talented, patient, big-hearted not to mention good looking peeps of the Shared Team




Arnold, Ronchie, Jun, Gill, Melina, Pio, Benjo, Liza, Goldi, Anne and NIna




Arnold, Zig, Don, Nina, Goldi and Candy




Aisah, Candy, Leah and me.




A few mintues after the call masters and computers went down.. Busted servers? I like. Haha!


HapPy AnNivErsArY PS101!!!!!


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 11:19 AM