Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, December 28, 2004

It's The Thought That Counts

Birthdays! Let me greet Aisah (Dec. 26) and Nina (Dec. 28) a happy birthday.

Also, to my Dad. His was yesterday, Dec 27th but he usually celebrates that on the 28th (today, Ninos Inocentes) for whatever reason. Wherever you are, cheers!

******************

Cleanliness is next to, err, death threat?! I just realized how life threatening some public notices on the streets are. Along A. Bonifacio going to Laloma, you would see this notice printed in green background saying, "Mamatay na ang magtapon ng basura dito." Scary.

How about this one? Just before making my exit in one of our streets in my place, I habitually look at this script painted on the fence of my friend's house which reads, "Bawal magtapon ng basura... ang mahuli durog ang kamay" (this comes with a drawing of a hand being beaten) Ouch!

******************

Christmas air. After I got off from work last Saturday, which was by the way Christmas, I hurriedly boarded a bus enroute to Cubao. I seated on the second to the last seat since it was almost packed. Then, I noticed that the window was open. A few more minutes, the bus picked up more passengers near Glorietta. Two ladies seated beside me and one of them blurted out, "Aircon ba 'to? Di ba aircon ang nakakaratula dun?" I, myself, had that grin and shook my head.

******************

The newest superhero could be... *tarararan-taran* You. "Basta driver, sweet lover; " or "Ang sutsot ay sa aso, ang para ay sa tao" would be a regular sight while inside your ever reliable jeepney. But what if you saw this note just right in front of you saying, "Kundi marinig ang para, sumigaw ng Darna!" That's so original. That made me laugh after reading it.

******************

Jolly Jeep. Another passenger used vehicle story here. There were only us three passengers one boring afternoon. I was on my way to my lola's house in Bocaue. I remember I was carrying two freshly done buko (Yep. Tinapyas na. Kumbaga nasa bao pa mismo) and freshly baked bread (assorted). Two young couples were seated across my place. There were laughing, doing sweet nothings. The guy emptied his pocket and said, "Pagbilan nga ho."

******************

The future is in your hand. Jeepney story take three. Also, on my way to my lola's place. You know when some drivers just hit their engine with all their might after taking a passenger, leaving the poor passenger tip toeing inside the jeepney. Picture that scene. This lady went out of balance after the driver did that. Worse, she was just two steps away from the edge so she almost fell. Why didn't she go rolling down the street? Here's the catch. She got to hold on something to keep her balance. And what was that something? You sure wanna know? My crotch. In all areas, that part. I got off the jeep but the lady didn't look my direction. Probably she just got worth touching. Haha!

******************

Billboard. Along NLEX, you would notice a lot of ads on the way. One of them, a footwear brand just changed their ad. Before, they've got this two famous loveteams shot in whole body wearing white clothes and, of course, the footwear. But now, the remaining endorser is the guy. How does the billboard look like? Well, it almost shows the whole face of the actor. Still, wearing white shirt. But how do you endorse a footwear if the ad space would just feature the face of the endorser? Ok. The product was just a few inches away from his nose and mouth, as if he was about to smooch it or something. Who's idea was that? That made me realize to have an overview of advertising 101 before accepting commercial offers. Kapal!


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 2:59 PM