Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Wednesday, February 01, 2006

LSS : Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin by Marinel Santos (Kinda girly but this song has been haunting me. Her version is as good as the original singer. This song was part of the Star in a Million 1 album. I really like listening to compilations esp. from those coming from talent searches here and abroad. They remind me of two things : dreams and promises.)

I have three things to post today. One is about taste. The other is faith and the last would be hmm... (just leave it at that)

And with this post, I could not come up with a witty title. But I'll just mix those three and look what I've got: TASTE OF FAITH...HMMM.. How creative, am I not? Especially the hmmm part.

Alright, just some thoughts about taste. More than a year ago, I was thinking about the friendster profile of my former teammate/friend, Melina. She posted in her "about me" section that she is/was particular about taste. I know most of us prefer delicious goodies. Being an art major that she is, I know that there is a thin line between taste as in swallowing a spoonful of, let's say, sabaw ng sinigang na baboy (a native and popular food here in my country, usually eaten with rice during lunchtime) and enjoying that food.

I didn't really pay attention to taste as long as food is there to break my hunger. Now it's different. I look for something more. No, I am not thinking about molecules or microorganisms, dashes of salt and ounces of water present in a certain food. That something that would make me take another bite or sip or lick or gulp.

Of course, from my weekly routine encounter with all the stuff in the supermarket and all those food in the street and stores which complements my cash, I try to at least grab one just for the experience.

I have here a list of some new things which I've tried. Overall, I was satisfied.

* Finetti Duo (cocoa & white cream) and Finetti Hazelnut spread with cocoa. Both are for P60/400g. These are not toos sweet which is good.

* Coffeemate French Vanilla and Hazelnut. It is hard to choose between the two. But I would just pick the Frech Vanilla flavor since it is less sweet.

* Sunkist Green Mango flavor. From 1-10 being 10 the highest, I would rate it as 6. I was looking for that sour taste.

* Vita Quaker Oats Chocolate and Berry Burst flavors. The latter I still have to try. Chocolate flavor was nort very sweet. (I noticed that I am now into mild sweetness.)

* Balut Express. A bit costly but the feeling of eating balut and all its derivatives in a small bowl with your choice of sauce standing infront of the store is exciting. Like street food in a more convenient place minus the smoke and concoction of saliva in the sauce.

I am no chef. I could not even know if msg is present in my everyday meal. But this is another way of enjoying what I am eating.

Alright, here goes my "faith" post.

So, I was busy ironing my clothes yesterday morning. I saw my little niece at our front door so I went there and openned it for her. I also looked at her toy and told her to play with my other niece who's standing inside her crib.

This lady, in an age of at least 50 or so I think, stopped in front of us and said that she has something to tell us. I thought that was another organization asking for donations. She said it's about faith. For my first question, I asked if she was Catholic. She then said that it has nothing to do with religion. Then I found out that it was not about Catholicism. She started asking me if I am aware that the world is now getting worse. That word, worse, was her central idea. I started shaking my head. Ske knew that I didn't believe her. She asked me why. I said that God is beautiful. She went from a talker to speechless for a few seconds. SHe switched that the world is better in terms of technology, etc but not its people. I said no again. I told her that I do not settle on negative things and that it is more appropriate to appreciate positive things. She went on with her negativity. I ended our small talk by telling her that I am sorry and I do not believe her. I grabbed my niece's arm and went inside our house.

I never pay attention to people I do not believe in.

Am I hearing hmmm's coming from your mind? You're just right in time. That hmmm's would be part of trilogy. COndsider "hmmm" as the title of my third part.

Well today, I am more eager to go to work. I am jollier now than before. Though I still miss the good ol' accounts and teammates, I feel I am getting by slowly. I am already in that pace of gaining more friends and sharing meaningful laughters.

Also, I smile alot today. I just smile. And smile. And smile. And smile.

I am also happy for someone.

Ok, say that hmmm again since I am ending this note with that someone. (Sorry. But not from somewhere here. And oh. [u]For[/u] is a preposition, ok. I didn't use the word [u]because[/u].)


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:10 PM