Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, January 28, 2006

LSS : Martin Nieverra's song that is being played at MRT-Ayala Station over and over (music video included). Its chorus goes "...we both know it's over now... we just don't know how to say goodbye..."

Untitled
8:20am
during downtime at work


"How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?," as the song Seasons of Love goes. Is it about the success and dreams he fulfiled? Is it about his friendship or relationship? Or is it about what's visible, tangible? (Uhm, I purposely didn't mention Kim's, my teammate, inquiry about the "size" of this certain teammate. And yes. She did ask that innocently. No pun intended. Since, I just posted it, now everyone knows. Haha!)

For the past a year and a half (I think. I couldn't really calculate.), this ym status keeps on bugging me. A friend from my list had this beside his name : "No matter how hard you try."

I think I responded to that status by changing mine to "don't generalize."

You know if there's a conflict or tension between two men. It would really be very obvious. We were just casual with each other. Small talks here and little laughs there. But no "deep" conversations since we don't hang out in the same circle. We take some things differently. Hence, individuality. But we respect each's opinions.

It was just unfortunate that I wasn't able to confirm it he is sickened by my presence. Or he could not stand my smell, my "talsik laway," or my mere blank stare.

I mean everyone sets "rules" for himself. Nobody wants to be the underdog. Or if he is, still personal choices matter.

I think his ym status pissed me a bit because I do not really like people being arrogant or dominating or something to that sort. I am not saying that my friend is. But not everything would fall as you want them to be. His statement was negative. It was belittling. It could mean a challenge to prove oneself. It could cause self-doubt that could later give a concrete meaning to what he just stated.

When I hear people say that, bitterness, insecutiry, unhappiness and unfulfillment cross my mind. It seems that they are not content with their life so they go out to spread that feeling they have. They diss people. They pick on others whom they find living the life that they wanted for themselves.

I am not mad about this friend. I just wanted him to avoid hasty generalization. One thing might work for him. But on me won't.

We're are not mere quantities to be measured in the first place.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 10:27 AM