Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, May 07, 2005

Hey Ma!

Alright, before anything, this would be my Mother's day post. I have to do this in advance since I don't have work on Saturday and Sunday nights to make a post for the ocassion. Allow me to greet my mom, my lola and all the mothers out there a very happy mother's day this coming Sunday, May 8th.

My mom is already 53 yeas old, I think. Sorry, I lost count. I know she's born in 1950. So now, that makes her... uhm, just do the math yourself. Anyway, she's strong, beautiful, understanding, loving... these adjectives aren't enough to describe her. But to make it short, she's a mother and a father in one. Yes. She's been that way since my dad passed away back in 1996.

Actually, I could not recall any memory of my mom and I when I was younger. I am the eldest. And usually, the eldest would give way for his/her younger siblings when it comes to attention from their parents.

I don't want to make any dramatic story here. There's always those tampuhan blues between kids and their moms.

I'll just give you a rundown of thoughts on how my mom is especially at home.

She doesn't know how to cook. My dad was the better cook. She tried to learn how. I remember she was using this small notebook with her handwritten recipes which she tried to hide from us.

My mom brought us to the best schools.

She's good in bowling. She even got the highest pinning (women) award during the Banker's Association sportsfest.

One of my classmates in high school once told me, "Arnold, nakasalubong ko mommy mo. Kinausap ako. Di ba yung mommy mo yung maganda?"

My mom tries to be funny. And when she does, she's really funny. One time, she asked my sister to remove the white hair on her head. My mom was holding a mirror then uttered, "Buti pa ang salamin, di nagsisinungaling." My sister knew it has something but still she laughed. Just out of nowhere my mom said that. So, I think it's the situation that was funny.

She nags alot. As in a lot. Before each of us leaves our house, she would go, "Yung panyo mo? O, yung wallet mo. Baka malaglag yan... Magdala ka nga ng bag baka malaglag pa yang bitibit mo... Teka. Teka. Papamalit ko lang to. Ihahabol ko sa'yo... Bilis. Mahuhuli ka na... Naku, ang ate mo talaga. Sinabi na nga bang makakalimutan to, eh. (Kami ang masesermunan at hindi yung nakaiwan)..."

She has this way of choosing gifts for someone.

My mom loved my dad. She accepted the fact that he has a first family and got four instant ons and daughter care of my dad's first wife. One time, I was preparing to go to school early in the morning, I saw my mom in our backyard. I asked her what she was doing there. She was like looking for something. She replied, "Hinahanap ko daddy mo. Baka kasi nandito lang." That was, I guess, a week after my dad passed away. I think the best proof of her love to my dad is that she did not remarry someone. My mom's still a widow up to this time.

She's humble.

OC. She would ask us to sweep the floor and apply some floor wax. But after we finish, she would do the same. Sweep the floor and apply floor wax after we've done her request. She's cleaning the house non-stop. Take that literally. You would see her washing the clothes, then cooking the next. She would cut some branches of a tree, the fix the clothesline after. From one chore to another. Unbelievable.

She is a father and a mother in one. And it works.

******************

My grandmother is the best in the world. She's 83, I think. She's an undergraduate of B.S. Education major in Math in UST until WWII broke. She had to stop and unfortunately, was not able to continue. But up to know, she helps my younger cousins, her grand children, in their homeworks especially in Math.

I remember when we ask her to help us in our assigments, she would tell us first to read our reference book. Then she'd ask, "O, nakita mo yung sagot?" When one said no, she would say, "Basahin mo ulit... O, ano? Nakita mo na?" She won't stop asking you to read and read and read after you've found the answer.

My lola is very supportive of us.

She loves everyone in the family.

******************

There's something with mothers which I could not explain. And I do not want to argue about that "something" that I might pertain.

To my mom, Teresita, and to my mom's mom, my lola, Amada, happy mother's day! Thanks for loving each one of us and for dedicating your life to the family.

To all the moms out there, happy, happy mother's day!




Image hosted by Photobucket.com


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 12:37 AM