Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Take Two... Again

From one second timer to the other.

Last Saturday was my second time to eat in a Yelow Cab restaurant. It's not my first time to eat their pizza. Here in the office, we almost always have one every month. We were not suppose to eat there, actually. Ronchie, one of my teammates, was the one who convinced Goldi and me to eat before the three of us part ways. It was almost 10 am. This other pizza joint somewhere in Park Square was still closed. We waited for about 10 mintues but we got bored. And Ronchie was really hungry. So, we headed to Glorietta.

We were not sure of what flavor to order. I was the one who suggested the Four Seasons. We didn't really want a big one. But Ronchie said he'd chip in 500 bucks. Then, he'd take home our leftover for his girlfriend. So, Goldi and I spent roughly about a very little over hundered bucks.

I was the one who ordered. And the lady who took my order misheard my name. She printed out "Carlo" in our receipt. We also took three peach flavoured iced tea.





yc1


Waiting in vain. It took sometime before my name, oh my new name, was called. They just opened when we ordered. Perhaps, heating of the over took a little while. So, that's my plate with my fork on it. The tissue paper lying just on its left. The powdered chili and chili sauce for that added taste. And my drink to push everything down.





yc2


Now the Philippines has Four Seasons. Well, for its pizza, at least. Clockwise, Roasted Garlic and Shrimp, Anchovy Lovers, NY Classic and #4 Cheese. *now I'm giving you that takam look*





yc3


I had the one with meat first...





yc4


... then, with shrimp after.

The first time I dined (Is this the plural form of dine?) in Yellow Cab was November last year. It's their branch in St. Francis Square. I was with Kuya Hans, Jaja, Mayk and Denise. We also took some pictures which could be found somewhere here.

Speaking of pictures, my stay there would not be complete without my solo picture.





yc5


It was intentionally done this way. An artistic try but I guess it didn't give any justice to the word. What matters is I look good... even in slice.

I just had two. Goldi, I think, also had the same. Ronchie? Hmm, he's the hungry one. He took home all that's left.





yc6


Bonding moments, he?

******************

Random Thoughts XI

Tom (forgot his last name), a firefighter from NYC, was the winner of Survivor: Palau. he outwitted, outlasted and outplayed Katie, Ian, Jenn, Caryn, Gregg, Janu, Steff, Coby, Willard, Bobby Jon, Ibrehem, Ashlee, Angie, *forgive me, I wasn't able to memorize their names*

When the contestants were trimmed down to four, I quickly thought that Ian would be the winner. Unfortunately, he made a deal with Tom during the final immunity challange. All three who remained namely, Tom, Ian and Katie were in one alliance. Ian, asked Tom to chose Katie to be with him the final 2 because he wanted to make his conscience clean and that he was a friend to both Tom and Katie. Katie dropped out first on the last bid for immunity. Tom ang Ian hung on for more than 11 hours.

I wasn't able to watch the whole episode including their reunion. I just caught the part when Jenn and Ian had a tie during tribal council votation up to the announcement of Tom's name. I needed to sleep for my work later that day.

I really thought Ian would've made it. And I would be cheering, "Skinny people reprezent!" Haha!

But the whole showed never failed to impress me. Especially when they have to eat balut in one of the challenges. In another challenge also, a part of the country was mentioned (The contestants were asked what body of water Palau is situated. The choices were given and among the choices and the correct answer was the Philippine Sea.) One of the later challenge, Manila was also used. It was about five or six major cities near Palau. And the contestants were need to take all the answers by rowing an improvised boat (balsa) to get the answers. The cities that were also mentioned were Sydney, Tokyo, New York and London. These things added a big grin on my face.

********

Jerome, from Bohol, won the Search for the Star In A Million in Channel 2. I wasn't able to watch all the episodes from day 1 of the contest. But I made sure to watch the three-part grand finals showdown. The first one was held in Cebu. The next was in the studio. Then, last Sunday's final telecast was in Aliw Theatre.

Mabel, the 15 year old (I think) girl from Leyte, was my bet. My she got booted on the third round after she On My Own.

All five could really sing. Some do not look like stars. But eventually, they would. No doubt.

I am satisfied with the result of the contest. The guy has a good baritone voice. And I think Tagalog songs would be his best weapon to take a spot in the OPM scene.

********

Uchenna and Chip won The Amazing Race 7. I wasn't able to watch the show regularly since my shift starts at midnight and I have to be in the office hours before or else I would be left by the bus or fx.

I have no problems with the winner as long as it's not Rob and Amber, the former Survivor contestants. Of course, we all know Amber has $1M already in her pocket for taking the Survivor All Star title.

I am happy they landed second.

********

If you like reality tv, better watch Expat Adventures on Studio 23 shown every Sunday at 9:45 pm. It was their pilot episode last, last night. And I'm pretty much entertained by what was shown.

The show is about foreigners living in our country. If I remember correctly, there was a student, HR officer, entepreneur, COO, I just couldn't remember the others. Their task is to go to different location around the country and do a challenge.

Batangas was their first stop. Two teams composed of four members each were asked to make nilupak, a native delicacy. Then, sell it around town. I also saw the ladies doing that "barker" job in the jeepney. They guys took sometime to learn the local dance there where you have to put small bamboo pieces between on your thumb and on the remaining four fingers. Then, dance to the beat of the sound of those beating bamboo pieces.

I think the show would help promoting our country particularly its tourism.

The show's host, by the way, is also a non-Filipino national.

********

Check out the newest Jollibee commercial. My former teammate, Richie, was in there. He was the guy wearing that blue long sleeves plus eye glasses. I think the ad was about their new meal.

********

I wasn't feeling really good going to work last night 'til that cup of softdrinks.

It was so hot and I think that high temperature brought me headache and dry cough. I still managed to take a nice bath, though water is really scarce during the morning and afternoon in my place. I watched a little tv then prepared myself going to work. My back was aching as I lay down on my bed listening to a cd, trying to convince myself to energize and head to work. I realaly had a sad face that very hour. Could be the first day of work sickness.

Also, the fx taxi I took has this weird air conditioning which added to my now very aching head.

I needed to grab myself something to eat for dinner. So, I walked in a shopping mall food court and order a meal that would not consume most of my time waiting for it to get packed. I got camaron fritos with free iced tea.

I was thinking to throw the iced tea since it was already spilling. I had to take it out the plastic bag so that my meal, which is fried, would not have a soup. But I think twice. Instead of dropping it in a close to my reach trash can, drink it. So, I opened the lid and got a taste of it only to find out that it wasn't iced tea that was given to me. It was cola.

A few seconds after, out of nowhere, I felt a little lighter.

Perhaps, it was sugar.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:52 AM