Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, May 12, 2005

Take Two

My golly! Tao na nga ako.

Saturday, May 9th, was the scheduled company outing in Luau, Subic. Though that day fell in one of my rest days, still I did not sign up to join because for me, the best option to spend my day off was to rest. I was sick for the past four days and I badly needed those two rest days of mine.

Whenever I am anticipating on my rest days, I always get this different feeling. It's like I never feel tired. I do not get irate to callers. I am on my best mood come rest days. I was alone walking in Ayala Ave. since Ronchie and Goldi needed to catch the 9 am bus going to Subic. So, that Saturday morning, I dropped by the chapel in Greenbelt. And out of nowhere, I just decided to treat myself with a cup of coffee in the nearest, more popular caffeine fix within the area. Hence, Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino (Grande). Hehe!

I have to admit. It was my second time to go there and buy something. The first was in Eastwood with Jomark and Mayk after the birthday dinner treat from Jaja and me. I remember Mocha Frap was also my order, then. More worth remembering was Jomark's joke on me, "O, tao ka na, ah." I told them that it was my first time. Hmm, virgin. Haha!

Technically, it was my first time to order alone (also my first time in Starbucks - 6750). No friends. No coffee buddy. Just me. At kung mapahiya ako, eh solong-solo ko ang moment. Haha! I always have this weird feeling in going to place where I am not used to. Or if the place is totally new to me, I would really be nervous on what to do. I always feel that I don't belong or I would end up to be the laughing stock of everyone once I make a stupid mistake. You know, I'm not a pro in a lot of things.. even when buying coffee.

I have this negative notion on people staying in these coffee places. Well, not all actually. Some sit on the chairs outside the area. Drink, chat, puff. A typical poser, I might say. And I don't like the idea of some who go there just to be "in" or be branded as the "can afford" type, better yet a "konyo" for that matter. I know some things are done regardless of reason and intention. I am just making the situation more difficult and complicated. As Jomark once again told me that there is nothing wrong with hanging out in coffee houses. And even Jaja enjoyed her Starbucks - Tagaytay escapade. Mayk, too, frequents their coffee chain. That gives me the idea to just whip out my cash then take my coffee and sit anywhere I want. Don't mind those around me. Just concentrate on my coffee. The weirdness in me. Haha! Seriously, it is too "up there" when I picture the brand or any other brand for that matter. *thinks about the worsening situation of my beloved Philippines*

When it was my turn to buy my coffee, of course, mocha frap was the only one I am most familiar with. Plus I do not drink hot coffee oustide the house. That would just trigger my stomach to ache then my poopoo inside my system would be very motile that I have to excuse myself to go to the nearest rest room. I would not want that hastle. So, iced coffee works for me. While waiting, I get to check almost all the items that fix has to offer. I have to say they're expenssive like their coffee. When I got my cup, I just went to this area where I took a straw and tissue paper. Then, headed out of the place and went towards EDSA.

Here are some of the pictures taken while I was walking. Tamang trip. Alam ko kasi na magagamit ko sa post ko, eh.




cup

my already half-filled cup of mocha frap

cup4
this is really mine!

cup3
all I know is that there's whipped cream in it

arn
..and that's the author with his 2nd cup of mocha frap in his lifetime

********

fyi: This would be the nth time that I had trouble saving this draft. I think blogger had its system down earlier. And this post was one of its victims. I wasn't able to retrieve my original draft. Damn!

********

While walking, I just thought I am missing out a lot of things. Read : A LOT. I know that I do not have that much active social life. I am a loner and an introvert. And I am so used to that. I love being that, actually. But there's also this part of me that's telling me to enjoy my world some more. See, I just discovered what difference a coffee cup would do me. A jolog could hit the stodgiest clubs and mingle with the most popular clique. Kidding. Isn't it liberating to do a certain thing that you do not usually do? It cracks something within your inner side. And if it felt good, the effect is amazing which brings out a certain lightness from within. Afterwards, you would find yourself doing the same thing once in awhile. So, in my free time, I have added another option than buying cds and malling. Now I could go Starbucks-ing. Hehe!

Also, I need not ask my mom a single centavo to pay my cup. I work my ass off and it's nice to know that I could afford to get myself one. A little pride in there, huh?

Lastly, I realized that it's not just the mere coffee tendered by the barista. It's just secondary. It's more of the company. The place has this ambiance that could influence or start a good conversation. Grabbing a cup of coffee after work could be stress relieving. What more with a talk over a cup of coffee? I am not promoting the place or brand. I know a hundred plus bucks for a coffee would be really expenssive to spend nowadays. What I am after is the bond and the moment you spend with someone while in there. And of course, I am not suggesting that you try to go there everyday.

Socializing and coffee? Make sense to me.

******************

Special thanks to Goldi who's been providing me with my cam phone pictures. My network provider keeps on charging me whenever I try to send a picture from my phone to my email but I never got any. Hmpf! Economics! So, it's from my phone to her phone, to her blue tooth dongle attached to her pc then to my email address. I do not have a digital camera and my own personal computer yet.

Camera phone and computer? Make sense to me. Haha!

* Even before, I am thinking of being a barista. Subok lang. Malay mo.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 4:39 AM