Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Saturday, April 02, 2005

Random Thoughts - Eight

Oh!

I was just browsing my own site out of boredom when my eyes landed on my sidebar particularly on the 'tracks" section.

What about it?

I want to blurt out that it has been a year of blogging, blog hopping, template editing, tagging, blog linking, photo hosting, stat counting and sensible, and the not, posting. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With all these posts, I couldn't imagine that I still have the knack on one of the things that I love and that is writing. Well, wrong grammar was and still is the least of my priority. Express, not impress, you know. But honestly, I do watch my subject - verb agreement still. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Baywalk and Unstable Dancer was born on a lonely, boring night when I was still in graveyard shift at work. Instead of staring at my screen on the wee hours of the morning, why not keep my mind working since I needed to be awake for the rest of my shift. One of my teammates, Don is his name by the way, asked me if I blog. I said no but curiosity hit me so I searched for the meaning (blog - n. an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log) of the word. I signed up for an account instantly. Then, begun blog hopping. I, surely, was amazed on the stories, layouts, tags, basically almost everything that was posted on the first few blogs I saw.

Then, Betong, one of my PExer buddies, also asked me if I have a blog so he could link me up his site. I told him I have but never updated my entries. He asked me to update mine. Just look at the interval of my post: April 2004 was the first; the more recent was September 2004. A span of five months of laziness, absent-mindedness career in blogger.Because of that, I blog hopped again. But this time, I visited the sites of the people which I linked on mine. I checked out the entries of other people who are linked to the blogs of my friends. One thing led to another 'til I was already checking the posts of the people whom I barely even know.

To summon one's emotion and put it into writing is hard. But ones it's done, there's a different lighteness inside. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know.

It's addictive. It's crazy.

And I'm loving it.

******************

Hershey's take 5 chocolate tasted good. I got to try that last night. Tastes like Reese's peanut butter cups. But this one has pretzel coated with milk chocolate. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And speaking of good taste. I just finished my lunch. A bit late, yeah. But I enjoyed the food we ordered from Quick Stomach - lechon kawali and extra rice... plus sukang maasim. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

******************

I am somehow affected by the news about the health condition of Pope John Paul II. I am a Catholic that's why I'm also alarmed about the current situation of the leader of my religion. I am praying for his fast recovery. God bless him more. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

******************

Two days to go and it's time to synchronize our watches an hour ahead than the usual. That is if you are in the States or working in a company that follows U.S. time zones like where I am now.

My five-day shift starts at 8 in the morning. Now, it would have to be at 7. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's an email about time adjustments in the U.S. sent by one of the supervisors in my team. If you're interested, read on.


About Daylight Saving Time

Daylight Saving Time (or Summer Time as it is called in many countries) is a way of getting more out of the summer days by advancing the clocks by one hour during the summer. Then, the sun will appear to rise one hour later in the morning when people are usually asleep anyway, at the benefit of one hour longer evenings when awake: The sunset and sunrise are one hour later than during normal time.

DST could save energy (less artificial light is needed during the evening) and make the country more efficient in addition to the pleasing effect of lighter evenings.

To make DST work, the clocks have to be adjusted one hour ahead when DST begins (during spring), and adjusted back one hour to standard time every autumn. There are many countries observing DST, and many who do not.


Note: During the months March/April-September/October, the countries on the northern hemisphere are having their summer and may observe DST, while the countries in the southern hemisphere are having winter. During the rest of the year (September/October-March/April) is the opposite: Winter on the northern hemisphere, summer in the southern... and there might be DST in countries south of equator, but there are many exceptions to this.

Benjamin Franklin suggested the method in 1784, but it was first during World War I, in 1916 in several counties in Europe that DST was adopted, although it was proposed several times before, but rejected.

Daylight Saving Time is difficult to predict in future, many countries change the transition days/principles every year because of special happenings or conditions that has happened or will happen.

Courtesy of time

******************

A little over two hours and I'm outta here Image hosted by Photobucket.com . I'd be resting for the next couple of days. Oh. I forgot. Spare Monday because I'd be ironing my clothes for the next work week, buying some grocery, visiting my tito who's about to leave for the States and checking my beloved PEx account. I miss posting and chatting there Image hosted by Photobucket.com . I mentioned it here already that this site, as well as Friendster , has been blocked by the IT Department Image hosted by Photobucket.com here in my office. So, I would be needing to drop by a net cafe and get back in shape (My average post was 10.5 per day).

So, 'til then. Have a nice weekend everyone! Image hosted by Photobucket.com


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 12:21 PM