Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Promise Or A Dare

Sounds familiar, he? Actually, it's the opening line of the song "Five Candles (You Were There)" by Jars of Clay.

Well, this post would be dedicated to two of my very, very good friends: Margaux and Ronald. It was their birthday last Monday, March 28th.

I was trying to call Ronald before I took my siesta but was not picking up his phone so I decided to send him a text message. After I woke up from my short sleep, he already replied and said that he was sleeping that time. Margaux, on the other hand, got my call a little past 4 p.m. She was at school finishing something. Oh, make that medical school. Actually, both Ronald and Margaux are med students. The former in San Beda while the latter is in Fatima.

Giving someone a ring isn't really me. I am too lazy to text someone. What more on calling someone? But you know, I do not want to dump my prepaid credit through expiration. And I keep on convincing myself that I could afford to buy a prepaid call and text card whenever I run out of it.

As long as my phone would not end up in zero credit, that's fine. You never know when you need to contact someone. Aside from from the convenience of having a "load" on the phone when you needed to use it even in the wee hours of the day, connecting people should be another benefit. Simply amazing, isn't it? Hmm, sounds like a telecom ad. Haha!

Right now, I do not want to pass any special ocassion in the life of the closest people to me. I try to remember their birthdates so I could greet them.

Roselyn, one of my college friends, was even shocked when she got a call from me last January to greet her a happy birthday. She said, "Gulat naman ako. patawag-tawag ka na ngayon, a... Touched naman ako. Grabe..."

Ok. Back to the celebrators. Ronald was seated to my right when we were in college. Margaux was on the opposite row. We were all in front. I don't have a very good eye sight so I have to be there. Most of my group almost occupied the first four rows in our room.

Ronald was the masculado (na chubby) among all of us. One of my friends, by the name of John, even called him chubby nape and kargador sa pier. He could cook, could sing, could... basta medyo madami. And he always let us stay in his house if it would be impossible for us to go home after a party. I believe he is the most maporma because of the hair gel. Haha!

On Margaux? Hmm, my dance partner. The first person I noticed on day 1 of teh freshmen orientation. She was the one who represented our class on stage. She was wearing a white sleeveless blouse and maong pants. Part Pinoy. Part Chinese. She was like my date during acquaintance parties in college. My audition partner for the dance troupe (danced "Try Again" by Aaliyah). We always had little misunderstandings then like each year tampuhan. I guess, that's what they call the test/s of friendship.

Almost always, both are with me during gimiks, food trips, road trips, outings.

Here are some pictures so you'd get images on how they look like.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Margaux


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Joms, John, Dr. Rotor, Ronald and me. Taken after our graduation ceremonies last April 2002. Margaux's the one in pink. Trivia: Margaux and I were not ok when we graduated.


Last Song Syndrome : Five Candles (You Were There) - Jars of Clay
**for obvious reasons...


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:44 PM