Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Friday, January 28, 2005

Reminiscing Quezon

Ok. Forgive my reaction time malfuntion again.

This week's episode of Extra Challenge was shot in Real, Quezon. I'm not a big fan of the show but I watched it anyway to check how it looked like after the landslide.

It has been over two or three years since I, with my friends back in college, went there for our regular sembreak and summer getaway. My first time there was back in August 2000. Sinabayan namin ng outing ng outing ang welga nun sa Manila. Almost all of our parents thought that we had our regular class that day. Some even had a fresh-from-the-computer-printer letter of permission for field collection kuno.

We spent the night at my friend's aunt's beach resort in Real. Too much excitement made us swim around 5 a.m. the next day. That was the time we enjoyed the beauty of the deep blue. What a scenery!

To the waterfalls, we headed. Spent the rest of the afternoon there. Then, went to the house of the other aunt of my friend in the next town, which is in Infanta. We had another food overload there. Her aunt really prepared for our visit.

Since the girls were taking a bath in the bathroom. We, the guys, had ours near their babuyan. Medyo nahihiya kami kasi yung ibang kamag-anak ng kaibigan namin, e andun nakaupo sa may babuyan at nagkukwentuhan. Kaya napapanood nila kami habang naliligo. Biruin mo, pa'no kami magsasabong mabuti? Pa'no kami maghihilod? Lalo na, pa'no kami magkukuskos ng dapat kuskusin? Alam mo na siguro kung ano yun.

The second time I was there was year 2001 or 2002. Nagyaya kasi yung mga di nakasama nun. We didn't go to the beach. It's was a long walk going to the where the water was cascading. Doon na din kami kumain ng tanghalian sa may batuhan ng falls.

Enough of my trip. The place was really devastated by the, I think two storms that hit the country last year. Mud, water, big stones coming from the denuded forest, from the set of mountains. The houses, the roads were ruined. Ayos pa naman yung mga zigzag dun. Not to forget the lives that were taken. From the show last night, the province is still in its recovery period.

May God bless them more.







Taken during my second trip in Real, Quezon. With me (dipped in the water) enjoying the waterfalls were (L-R) Kookai, Alex, Roselyn, Prezy, AC, Joms, Xixa and Annette. Ronald took the picture.


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:30 PM