Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Simple Pero Rock

I should've posted this one last Friday. What the heck? It's never too late.

Alright, I was such in a hurry that day. I woke up at 6:45 a.m., the time that I was suppose to leave home and take my ride. But that day, I missed the noise of my alarm clock. I consumed my coffee for about 5 minutes. Took a shower at 15. Left home around 6:15 a.m. Waiting period not included.

Finally, I got my butt inside the fx taxi. I was seated in the middle. I was stroke by the rush hour. All I've got in my mind was to get in the office before 8 a.m. And leaving the house at past 6 a.m. would mean a risk of being late.

A few meters away from where I left, I noticed the moon was still up. It was actually in its wholeness. Orange. Bright. New moon perhaps.

Then, I told myself, "Everyday I am in a hurry. When was the last time I gave some time to appreciate nature?" I just smiled while I looked by the window. I never let go of that beauty until it was covered by the tall evergreens along the street. I could've captured that with a camera. Sayang.

All the while, I thought I didn't start my day right. That I would not be smiling the whole day since rushing on the streets made my armpits sweat really hard. "Not my day today," I said.

But that big, orange moon was something. Definitely something worth of my smile.

******************

After sometime, I finally got myself a new shirt. And that's a really nice shirt. Just last Saturday, I decided to go get myself one. I planned to shop during my day off. And I convinced myself that I would be bringing home something nice.

I always end up not buying the thing I want because of the reason.. Read: Save(!). I've been saving, yes. It's not bad. But it's not enjoying if I would really be hard on myself. And that is to enjoy what I worked for. Besides, I need clothes. I mean, who doesn't?

I am a bad shopper.Embodiement of a typical Libran. But Saturday was great. I like what I got.

******************

Kahapon, may bomb threat pala samin. Sa may Cathedral at sa Provincial Office daw. Eh, pumunta pa ko ng oras na may threat sa bayan kung nasaan ang Cathedral. Di ko naman kasi alam. Talagang pag Lunes, eh pumupunta ko dun sa Adoration Chapel tas nag-go-grocery ng konti.

Kaya pala di umikot yung jeep sa likod ng simbahan.. tas ang daming pulis at tao sa mismong patio ng simbahan.. Pero nagawa ko pa ding pumasok sa chapel. Wala naman kasing pumigil at nagsabi sakin. Kaya rin pala nagtatanungan yung mga tao na nakatambay sa labas ng eskwelahan ko nung high school kung papauwiin na yung mga estudyante.

Nalaman ko lang na may threat nga nung nakauwi na ko ng bahay. Walang kamuwang-muwang pa man din akong naglakad-lakad dun sa lugar. Buti na lang at walang nangyaring masama.

Di simple ang ganitong balita.

Mas lalo lang nagiging kumplikado ang buhay dahil sa hangarin ng tao.

May magbabago ba kung napasabog nila yung simbahan at opisina? Di ba kapwa Pilipino din naman ang sasaktan nila? Uunlad ba ang Pinas pagkatapos ng ganyan? Makikinabang ba ang pamilya ng mga magiging biktima? Ano ang ibig palabasin ng mga ganyang klaseng tao? Ang dami ko pa sanang gustong itanong. Kaso wala lang saysay yun sa mga taong makiitid ang isip. Hoy! Tao ka naman siguro, di ba? Eh, ba't pati kalahi at kauri mo, eh ginaganyan mo?

******************

Pagkaing kalye? Marami akong nadadaanang ganyan. Kaso ang latest addiction ko ngayon, eh yung adobong mani na binebenta sa bus. Ang sarap kasi ng bawang. Kaya lang may tanong ako. Eh, ba't laging sinasabi nung nagbebenta na bagong luto yung mani. Minsan naman, eh di nila pinupuno yung lalagyang papel. Minsan pinapaapaw naman nila. Tas minsan sa timba na lalagyan ng mani, eh may tinda namang mineral water na nakalagay dun sa ilalim. Eh, di lumamig na yun?

Ah, baka marketing strategy.

Kaya ko natanong yan kasi kadalasan, eh bumibili ko neto sa bus. Wala pa ngang Quezon Blvd, eh ubos ko na yung binili kong limang pisong mani. Maalat, oo. Pero bawang naman ang habol ko kasi.

Pag nginuya mo pa, eh minsan mapapatigil ka. Tas nag-iisip ka na pala tungkol sa araw mo, sa plano mo o kung anuman yung tumatakbo sa isip mo. Ako nga minsan habang tinatanggal ko yung nasigit na piraso ng mani sa ngipin ko, eh di ko alam na napapag-isip na naman ako. Yung tinga yun. Habang hirap yung dila ko na inaalis yung tinga ko, e di na pala ko kumukurap tas nakatigin na ko sa malayo.

At pag bumalik na ko sa kasalukuyan kong pag-iisip, eh sisikapin ko na namang alisin yung tinga na yun.

******************

Eto ang dalawang spoof ng commercial sa telebisyon. Yung produkto na nagpapaputi ng balat. Galing ang mga yan sa beerkada.tk. (Nasa sidebar ko yung link. Pakipindot mo na lang)








Last Song Syndrome:
Simple Things
Usher

Yeah, uhh
They say money can't buy you love
They say money can't buy you love
They never seem to listen
I'm all ears

Just copped your girl a brand new Rolex
But you can never find the time to spend at home
Thinkin' it's gon' keep her happy
When time is all she wanted all along

[Chorus]
It's the simple things in life we forget
You hear her talkin' but don't hear what she said
Why do you make something so easy so complicated
Searching for what's right in front of your face

So you think that you know what's important
Steady chasin' your fame and your fortune
But you don't knowYou're chasing a dime losin' a treasure
Those dollars don't make sense to me at all
Ooh, it goes

Duh da duh da
You give her spending money
Duh da duh da
But all she wanna spend is time alone (tonight)
Keep givin' herThe finer things but
But she don't really need that
If you don't stop you're
You're gonna end up alone (alone)
The world without love (duh duh da duh da)
Why would you do it

[Chorus x2]
It's the simple things in life we forget
You hear her talkin' but don't hear what she said
Why do you make something so easy so complicated
Searching for what's right in front of your face
But you can't see it (listen)

Stop tryna buy her love'cuz you won't ever have enough
There's always someone with more than you
You need to pay her attention
Give her what she needs
Do the simple things
Before you lose your girl to me
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeeah
Yeeeah yeah
Play on playa
Yeah
Your girl comin' wit' me shorty, haha
I'm tellin' you man'cuz u know

You better look out
I hear you talkin', i hear you talkin' (ha)
But what are you saying
Oh hoo oh hooo
Don't be a fool
You got a good thing
Man are you blind
Stupid or crazy?
You got a good thing (uh)
You got a good thing
If that's your lady
You better hold on
And give her what she want
Before she move on
Man I tell you cars, clothes, and fancy things don't mean a damn thing
If you ain't kickin it baby

[Chorus]

[Fade]
Don't let this be the thing you'll always regret, no
It's right there, it's right there


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:05 PM